The One that Got Away

Ok so before you read this I feel like you need a little background. I got the idea for this one shot thanks to bandteesandbooks while reading her everlark book "House of Iris" which is based on nickelodeon tv series House of Anubis. I decided to relieve the series and looked it up in YouTube. Watching the first episode and reading bandteesandbooks book, I remembered my first ever ship, Fabina. So I looked that up on YouTube and came across the video on top. So, all that combined gave me this idea. Here we go.

⚠️Beware⚠️Feels⚠️

Third POV:

Katniss opened the door to her and Peeta's house. They had been dating for two years and recently got engaged.

As she walks in, Katniss, hears laughs coming from the living room. She goes there and finds Peeta and Delly talking. She stands there and stares for a couple seconds.

"Hello." Katniss says.

"I should get going." Delly says and hurries away.

"Hey, Kat." Peeta says.

"Don't you, 'Hey, Kat', me! I thought I told you I didn't want you in the house alone with her! Are you cheating on me?!" Katniss says raising her voice.

"Of course not, Katniss! But Delly is my family!-" Peeta says but gets cut off by Katniss.

"You've already told me that she's like family to you! I understand you've known her for longer! No need to rub it on my face!"

"Katniss, you don't understand!-" Peeta tries to say before getting interrupted again.

"I need time to think." Katniss says and grabs her purse. She get in her car and drives to the meadow where she and Peeta met.

After a while of not knowing anything about Katniss, Peeta starts to call their family and friends. None of them have seen Katniss at all and it's getting dark. She left at mid day. Peeta decides to go look for her fearing something happened to her.

What either of they don't know is that is his life they should be fearing.

He drives down the street and makes a right turn. The last thing he sees is a car driving directly towards him before blackness overtakes him.

Katniss still sits on the meadow. Obvious, to what happened to her fiancé. It must be around midnight when she gets the call. The call that would change it all.

"Hello? Is this Katniss Everdeen?" An unknown voice asks.

"Yes, this is her. Who's this?" Katniss asks.

"This is the local hospital of District 12. We're calling to inform you that Peeta Mellark is here and that you are his first emergency contact. He was in a car crash and is in critical condition. You should make your way here."

"I'm on my way." Katniss says holding back the tears as she speeds to the hospital.

When she gets there, the receptionist tells her that she has to wait in the waiting room. Katniss texts all their family and friends, including Delly.

"Hey, Katniss, can I talk to you?" Delly says.

"Yes?" Katniss asks her once out of ear shot.

"I hope you know, Peeta wasn't cheating on you. We're cousins." Delly says.

Katniss felt guilty but just nodded.

Later, the doctor came out. He called for friends and family of Peeta Mellark and gave a small shake of his head. Katniss's world tumbled down at that small action. She couldn't even the typical speech the doctors gave about trying everything they can. She just run out of the hospital. It was raining strongly. She sobbed and made chocking noises. Her boy with the bread was gone. Forever.

He was the one that got away.