If Katniss and Peeta Would Have Taken the Wire Together

Johanna, Finnick, Beetee, Peeta and I finish Setting the wire around the lightning tree.

"Ok. Now, Johanna and Katniss will take the wire and Finnick and Peeta will be my stay with me for protection." Says Beetee.

"Can't Peeta and I take the wire and Finnick and Johanna stay?" I ask.

Finning, Beetee and Johanna look at each other.

"Is there a problem?" Asks Finnick as if he knew what Peeta and I were talking about earlier at the beach. When he gave that amazing kiss. Snap out of it Katniss! Now is not the time to think about how much you love Peeta! I scold myself.

"No, I just don't want to be apart from Peeta." I state. Which is partly true.

"But I need two strong people that will be able to defend me." Says Beetee.

"Hey! I'm pretty strong and capable." Says Johanna while putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Fine." Says Beetee.

"Cut each other's trackers out." Johanna whispers in my ear before she lets go.

"Ok. Come on Katniss." Says Peeta.

We walk towards the beach. Once we're half way there I tell Peeta to give me his knife.

"What for?" He asks.

"Johanna told me to cut our trackers out." I tell him and take mine out. He soon does the same.

"Ok lets keep going so we have time to wash this." He says point to our bloody arms.

We keep walking but suddenly there's a tug on the wire and it then flies to us as if someone had cut it. Then what's left of the careers appear. I hit Enobaria with my arrow and Peeta hits Brutus with his knife.

Boom!

Boom!

The Careers are out. Only Johanna, Finnick, Beetee, Peeta and I left. I get scared and drop to the ground crying. Peeta instantly drops besides me and comforts me. I really love him. For real. I'm not acting anymore. I think I never was. I was just too blind to see it. But I realized that when he hit the force field and his heart stopped.

"I love you." I whisper in his ear.

"What?" He looks at me at surprised.

"It's not an act anymore. I think it never was. I was just too blind. I really do love you." I say.

"I love you too, Katniss." He says and we kiss like the kiss at the beach the other night.

"Let's go to the tree. I bet they'll be looking for us and I don't think they'll think we went back to the tree." He says.

"Ok." I reply.

We walk back to the tree and look around. Our arms stooped bleeding a while ago.

Suddenly I hear rustling and Finnick appears for behind the trees. Peeta jumps in front of me without his knife in hand ready to attack and I load my bow and aim it at Finnick.

"Remember who the real enemy is." He says rising his hands in defeat.

Of course we know. Snow is the real enemy.

I look at the sky and see the lightning will drop any minute. I grab a pice of Beetee's wire and wrap it around my arrow. I look at the sky and aim. Peeta looks at me and seems to get my plan. He knows there's no stopping me now. He drops his knife and nods at me.

The lightning falls and I release the arrow.

Boom!

It strikes. Peeta jumps on me and covers me from the impact with his body.

Next thing I know the arena starts falling to pieces and an hovercraft with a mockingjay on it picks me and Peeta up before I drift to unconsciousness.

* * *

I wake up and the first thing I notice is that I have a bandage on the arm where I cut my tracker out. I look around and find Peeta in a bed besides me and Beetee across from us.

"Peeta. Peeta. Wake up." I say and to my relief his eyes flatter open.

"Katniss?" He asks.

"Oh, Peeta thanks god you're ok." I say and hug him.

"Where are we?" He asks.

"I don't know." I tell him.

We hear voices from the other room and go find out what it is.

Peeta grabs a syringe and signals me to be quiet.

I nod and we enter to find no other than Haymitch Abernathy, Plutarch Hevensbee, and Finnick Odair.

"What's going on." Asks Peeta.

Haymitch explains to us everything about the rebellion, District 13 and the bombing of 12. Both of our families made it out. Luckily.

"You are the Mockingjays." He says.

After that Peeta and I just cuddle until we reach 13.

We have to enjoy our time together because soon we'll go to war.