If Peeta Wasn't Hijaked

I'm sitting in a room with Finnick. Neither of us talking because of the nerves. What if they don't make it? If Peeta dies I can't continue with this.

Making knots. Making knots. Making knots. That's all we're doing. Trying to keep ourselves tied together. Making knots. Making knots. Making knots.

I've already lost track of time. I could've been here waiting hours, days, maybe even weeks. My hands raw from tying knots. Making knots. Making knots. Making knots.

Suddenly Haymitch come through the door and says: "They're back. We're needed in the hospital."

A million questions cross my mind. Are they ok? How is Peeta? Did everyone made it out?

"That's all I know." Says Haymitch as if reading my mind.

I start to walk but notice that Finnick is not moving, so I grab his hand and guide him to the hospital like a little kid.

"FINNICK!!!" A cry of joy from a pretty girl with red hair and sea green eyes, is the first thing I hear when we walk through the door.

"ANNIE!!!!" Replies Finnick. So that must be the crazy girl Finnick loves.

They run to each other and collapse in a huge, loving hug.

A pang of jealousy hits me. Not for either Annie or Finnick. But for they love. I've got to find Peeta.

Next I see Johanna. She's thin, bruised and her head is shaved. She doesn't say anything. She just yanks away everything then nurses are trying to put on her.

I then see Gale holding an ice pack to his shoulder. He must have gotten hurt out there.

I approach him and give him a quick, friendly hug.

"Thank you." I say.

"He's in there." He replies in a somewhat rude tone.

I don't feel like dealing with this right now. I just want to see Peeta.

The closer I get to Peeta's room the more nervous I am. What will I say? What will I do? Who care what I say. He'll probably be kissing me anyway. I wonder if his kisses will feel like those on the beach?

I reach his door and put my shaky hand on the door's handle. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see is no one other than Haymitch. He nods encouragingly and I open the door.

I enter the room. Peeta is with his back facing me, with a trio of doctors surrounding him. Checking his vital signs and blood pressure.

"Peeta." I say. He freezes.

He slowly turns around to look at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

"Peeta..." I say again and hurry towards him. He stands up and reaches his hand out to caress my cheek, I think.

My mouth is only forming his name again when he pulls me to a tight embrace. Then it's as if the world around disappeared. As if it's just the two of us. No war. No games. Just us. Now I know how Annie and Finnick felt.

I look up at him and tell him the statement I've been waiting to for so long.

"I love you." I say.

He seems shocked but doesn't hesitate to say it back.

"I love you too." He says.

And then we kiss. So far it's best kiss we've shared. I would have kept kissing him if it wasn't because we need to breathe. So we both pull away reluctantly.

After that finish checking him out we walk to his new compartment. We get in bed. I'll finally sleep in his warm and safe arms. But jut to make sure....

"Stay with me." I say.

"Always."

And with that we both drift off.