Returning home (Gale)

Gale's POV

It's been 7 years since the war ended. I'm going back to District 12. I tried to forget about Katniss but I just can't. I'm still in love. I tried to come back earlier but my job kept me busy. And I didn't come back with her because I knew she needed time to be alone after her sister's death.

She has probably been so lonely since Bread Boy went crazy that she'll probably kiss me the moment she sees me.

I talked to my mom and she said that Katniss moved to another house because she couldn't take the memories of hers and she now leave in a house behind the bakery. I guess that's because she missed Bread Boy.

But now she'll forget about him. If she hasn't already.

My train stops and I walk towards the new bakery.

Once I arrived I go around the corner and find a nice looking house. It looks like it's two stories. It's painted with a nice free and the fence is orange. There are primroses planted along both sides of the house. And you can see a willow tree in the backyard.

I knock the door and hear running on the inside.

A little girl that is almost a copy of Katniss but with blue eyes and looks like 5 opens the door. A little boy who looks like a replica of Bread Boy but with gray eyes looking slightly younger than the girl stands behind her.

'I must have gotten the wrong direction.' I think.

"Hello." The little girl says. "How may I help you?"

"Hello. Is this the Everdeen residence?" I ask.

"No sorry. This is the Mellark residence."

"Do you know we're I can find Katniss Everdeen?"

"Maybe my mom can help you better. I don't really know nobody by that name."

What do the teach this kids now a days? They should know who Katniss is.

I will have to talk to my mom for giving me Bread Boy's direction instead of Katniss'.

"Yes please. That would be helpful." I say to her.

"MOMMY!!!!" She calls out.

"Coming!" I hear a familiar voice yell back.

I then hear two voices have a little conversation. Bread Boy must be home. I wonder who married him?

I come out of my thoughts when I hear two pairs of steps coming downstairs.

First appears Bread Boy and scoops the girl up in his arms laughing but when he sees me he stops laughing.

"Who's at the door Peeta?" His wife asks but I can't help but think I know that voice from somewhere. But where have I heard it before?

And then Katniss appears next to him saying:
"Hey what's wr..." but cuts herself of when she sees me. "Gale." She whispers.

"Hey Catnip." I say.

"What are you doing here?" She asks holding on to Bread Boy's arm. He then puts an arm around her waist. And she doesn't take it off.

"I'm here to see you."

"Who is him mommy?" Asks the little boy.

"He used to be my best friend." She says emphasizing 'used'.

"Can we talk in private?" I ask her.

She looks up at Peeta as if asking for permission and he slightly nods.