Short Tragic Plot Twist

"Peeta, no!" I yell just as Peeta hits the force field with his knife.

I run up to his to see if he's ok. But he's not breathing.

"He's not breathing!" I yell repeatedly while sobbing my heart out.

Finnick come and pushes me off Peeta. I raise my arrow ready to shoot him, thinking he was going to kill Peeta, but soon realize he was trying to save him.

Finnick starts doing CPR to Peeta while I hold Peeta's hand and beg him to wake up.

What if he doesn't wake up? I ask myself.

I know I wouldn't be able to handle that. He's got to survive. If he dies I'd be damaged beyond repair. I'd become my mother. Never smile anymore. Hardly eat. Never talk. State of at the distance thinking about Peeta and how I wouldn't have him to hold me anymore. Is then that I realize how much I really love him.

So I beg him with all my heart to wake up while sobbing my heart out. I try to tell him that there's still hope that we can be together. Marry. Grow old.

But all that hope is gone when the cannon booms. Finnick stops doing CPR. Peeta's gone.

"Nooooooo!" I scream.

I start sobbing so badly. My body shakes. The Boy with the Bread is gone. My love is gone.

Finnick and Mags try to comfort me but I just want Peeta to comfort me. But that's not possible. Not anymore. And part of me died with him.

The hovercraft appears. The claw comes down and they they take Peeta. I cry harder. I scream. It finally sinks in.

I get up and run. I don't really know where I'm going but I don't care.

I get to a beach. I grab one of my arrows. I look directly to where I see a camera.

"Take good care of Prim, mom. I love you, Little Duck. I'm sorry." I turn towards the sky. "I'll see you soon Peeta. I love you."

Then I stab myself with the arrow directly on the heart. The sound of a booming cannon is the last thing I hear before I blackout.

          * * *

When I wake up I'm in a white room, dresses all in white and my scars and wounds all gone.

I look up and see Peeta also dressed in white. I then realize I'm dead.

"Peeta!" I yell with joy.

He opens his arms for me and I run straight into them, hugging Peeta tightly.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you, too. Come on. We have to go." He says pointing to golden doors behind us.

"Ok." I say and we walk through hand in hand.

         * * *

The mockingjay died. The Hunger Games continued.