Epilogue

Peaceful quiet.

No mindless chattering, no more music, no more shouting, no more toasts made in his honor and no more alcohol-buzzed relatives throwing themselves at him after years of ignoring his very existence. Seth falls back onto the bed he had picked out with Arya over multiple discussions on whether they really needed it to be king-sized and whether they really needed the most expensive memory foam mattress. Trusting her was definitely the right decision, he realizes now. The mattress molds perfectly against the tense muscles in his back, relieving him of the aches this day has left behind.

Slowly and with as little effort as possible, he peals himself out of his suit and kicks off his shined leather shoes, watching them as they fly across the room, littering the shiny wood floors. Finally undressed, leaving him in nothing but a white undershirt and his black boxer briefs, Seth closes his eyes and blows out a shaky breath.

Did that really just happen? Did this day really pass in the blink of an eye or did he imagine it all? No, surely the way too expensive suit scattered across the floor is more than proof of the previous events.

Arya turns on the shower in the en suite bathroom, letting the hot water wash away the residue of her previously immaculately applied make-up. Her scalp tingles as her hair is relieved of the insane amounts of hairspray that held the dark brown tresses in shape. If she wouldn't be in such a hurry, she would have taken a long bath to really scrub off all the grime this day has left behind.

Washed to her satisfaction, Arya steps out of the tiled shower, her eyes landing on the mountains of white fabric, spilling across the bathroom floor. A grin tugs at her lips and she quickly dries herself off, lathers her skin in lotion and slips into the white fluffy robe that she'd slung across the heating unit the night before.

With her hair falling in wet strands down her back and her stomach doing somersaults, Arya steps out of the bathroom.

Despite Seth's exhaustion, upon hearing the bathroom door open, he sits up to watch his wife sauntering towards him. The gold band on his ring finger seems to heat up as she approaches him and the smell of her shampoo feels like a drug to him, putting his mind at ease. He offers his hand to her, eyes tired and droopy. She takes it without hesitation, falling back into the comfort of their bed.

Together they snuggle up on top of the covers, their legs intertwining, arms wrapped around each other as though they'd never want to let each other go. Seth's hands sneak around Arya's body and slowly find their way below the fluffy robe. The second his fingertips graze her naked skin, the doorbell rings. Both of their bodies slump together, simultaneous groans rumbling in their throats.

"That's gotta be your mom," whispers Arya, the fingertip of her index finger drawing teasing circles on Seth's bicep.

"I'll open the door; you get dressed and think of way to get rid off them before the sun comes back up." In a split second, Seth presses his lips to Arya's and jumps out of bed. He quickly collects his dress shirt from the ground and pulls his favorite black joggers from the wardrobe.

Arya disappears back into the bathroom with an ever present smile on her face while Seth goes skipping down the stairs to the front door. There tiny fists bang against the wooden door from the outside. The closer Seth gets, the more distinct the voices get.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he shouts when he reaches the door. With a twist of the doorknob, the door flies open.

Immediately a little girl whizzes past him, followed by his sister Paulina. She ignores looking at him, her eyes focused on the tablet in her hands. The two girls disappear in the living room without a greeting. Once Seth looks up, his mother throws her arms around his neck, pulling him to her chest.