Part 30

Omg, watch the attached video! So funny and Matt Lanter... *drool*

30. Seth

When Arya left the only thing I could think to do was go back to Miller's apartment. I am angry. Angry about the fact that she just let these kids bully her and angry about the fact that she's gone now. Without her this whole place feels empty and cold. The emptiness makes it easier to submerge myself in what just happened at the airport. No matter how many times Arya tells me that she doesn't care about these stupid bullies, I can't help but feel like complete shit. These kids don't know what the fuck they're doing. They don't know the impact their words and actions have.

They should be lucky I didn't fuck them up right then and there. I wanted to, I really did.

Pathetically lying in the middle of the bed, I now stare up at the ceiling and wait for time to pass. After having to spend a week apart when Arya went home and I stayed on campus I thought I would have her to myself for the whole Christmas break. That week was absolute torture. When I didn't think of Arya, I had Jackson on my case about the fucking game. It's all too headache inducing. I can't blame Arya for leaving, though. She's doing what she needs to do. She's doing it for herself. She deserves to be selfish and I just need to accept that. I just wish Alex wouldn't be in the picture.

I get off the bed and start pacing the small bedroom. My eyes land on Arya's easel. The missing painting makes the room look even emptier than it already feels. What a fucked up metaphor. Arya's the painting and I'm the fucking easel. The image of that Alex dude running from the apartment, painting clutched underneath his arm, phone pressed to his face flashes in front of my eyes.

Fuck him.

I need to get out of here. I need to occupy my mind until the 23rd so that I don't go crazy.

Deciding to call Brice, I start looking for my phone. Just when I find it and am about to dial his number, the front door opens and someone walks into the apartment. Keeping my phone in hand, I walk into the living area. I spot Miller first as he puts his coat onto a hanger and kicks off his shoes. Who then walks through the door I do not expect at all.

Obviously she doesn't expect me either as she stops dead in her tracks when she spots me. Her previously gentle smile drops completely and the look in her eyes hardens. Miller is oblivious to all of this until she tugs as his shirt sleeve to get his attention.

"Sam," she warns and finally he looks up at me. His face drops visibly and I can't help but smirk at the pair of them. Immediately I remember Arya telling me about Miller's secretive girlfriend and I put two and two together.

"Now this I would have never seen coming. Plot twist," I laugh, eyes flitting back and forth between the two of them. I cross my arms in front of my chest and focus on Miller. You can practically see his brain trying to work out an excuse but find none. His mouth opens slightly and then closes again before his expression turns sour.

"Don't tell Arya," he finally mutters, looking down at Leena who stands beside him, looking tiny next to his built frame. Looking at her now, I realize the change I had seen in her that night at the bar. The darker hair really does make her look a bit more sophisticated and her clothes don't put everything on display for whomever to gawk at. Must be Miller's effect on her.

"Why wouldn't I? This is hilarious! I'm sure Arya would get a laugh out of this, don't you think so, Miller?" The look on his face indicates that he finds this everything but funny. "Come on! This is irony at its best."

"You are such an ass, Seth," Leena hisses, stepping closer to Miller.

I laugh. "You didn't think so at the bar a couple nights ago. Actually you seemed pretty eager to talk to me."