The Angel's Tear

CHAPTER 1

Another boring day at work as I sit at the front desk doodling on a random piece of paper trying to stay entertained. I look out the window watching the stray leaves dance in the cool autumn breeze waiting for the next customer to walk through the door. A black charger drives into our parking lot and I quickly try to hide my doodle's under our desk calendar. The bells attached to the door jingle loudly, and I look up replacing my bored expression with a smile for the customers. In front of me stood an attractive young man smiling at me, suddenly my smile was no longer a fake one.

“Hello how can I help you?” I walked out from behind the desk as I spoke.

“Uhm, yah I guess I need to get fitted for a tux.” His voice was husky, and it made me smile even more. He looked around confused as if he had walked into the wrong store; he ran his left hand through his dark brown hair.

 I tried to hide my disappointment; realizing what he must need the tux for. Of course he would be taken. I asked my normal question’s as I kept a smile on my face.

 “What’s your last name?” I walked to the right were we had our tuxes displayed and went to the file cabinet.

He followed me to the other side of the room as he spoke in his low tone “I think it’s under Waters.”

 I quickly looked through the W’s and sure enough there he was ‘Jake Waters.’ I sighed without realizing, till he looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I had to look down so he wouldn’t see the blush on my face. As if he knew what I was thinking he stuck his hands in his pockets and smiled at me.

I can’t believe I just did that.

I pushed my side swept bangs behind my ear so they would stop aggravating me by falling in my eyes. I tried to act normal as I looked back up at him. Clearing my throat I spoke.

“Alright so are you Jake?” I concentrated on the packet I held in my hands. So I jumped in surprise when I heard him laughing at me like I had just told him a joke.

I cocked one of my eyebrows and looked at him with a questioning glance.

After he caught his breath he finally managed to speak. “Heck no, my older brother is the one signing his life away not me.”

I tried to hide the smile on my face at the good news and act like I didn’t care that he wasn’t getting married. I brushed another loose strand of my dark brown hair behind my ear. I turned my back to grab a pen and rolled my eyes at myself.

‘Doesn’t mean he isn’t taken’ I reminded myself. I turned back to face him.

“I see, well you know you will have to sign it away someday.” I joked with him and he chuckled.

“Not if I have any say in the matter.” He took out his car keys and played with them, I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

“So your one of those guys.” A smile staying put on my face.

He shrugged his shoulders with a cocky crooked grin on his lips and I couldn’t help but stare at him for a brief moment. Hopefully he didn't notice, I was half tempted to check if I was drooling. His skin was a nice light tan and that crooked smile on his face was enough to make my heart skip. I shook my head hoping I didn’t stare to long.

I grabbed my tape measure, “Alright ready to” I was caught off before I could finish my sentence. I tried to hide the annoyance on my face as I turned to face one of the other shop girls.

“Hi my name is Cindy is there anything I can help you with?” she grabbed the other tape measure on the table with a big white smile plastered on her overly done face. She had obviously taken notice of how attractive he was and wanted a chance to squish her fake boobs up against him. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t aggravated, she always had to be all over the good looking guys in the store.