The Beginning of the End

xx Here you go guys! Another chapter! xx

Ceridwen's POV:

         I stood in Darien's, no our, bedroom surrounded by bags from the so called shopping trip that Darien's sister and I had had taken. It was so very odd how that woman acted. Was she able to do the thing she did; leave without a mated male to protect us, choose clothing without her mate's approval, and pay with a credit card under her name because she was an alpha's daughter and sister? Was Anna normal? Was she someone to fear in the heirachy of the pack? I understood nothing of this new world. Did i even want to? I thought as I slowly unpacked the new clothing and folded them neatly into piles depending on their color. No, I finally concluded. This is the world my mate lived in and I would learn to live in it as well despite my reservations.

          Soon pile upon pile of clothing made walls around me. Dresses, jeans, shorts, shirts, tanktops, undergarments, and clothing that would supposedly please Darien made mountians that shielded me from the outside world. Here in my own personal fabric cave I could simply be. No need to think. No need to obey. I sat in this blissful peace for a couple of minutes more before I heard the door open below me. I rose, it being unsuitable for anyone to come upon me seated so ungracefully on the floor, and waited. Darien knocked on the door before entering slowely. He looked at me standing in the clothes and then looked at the clothing itself, his eyes widening. Had i made him unhappy? Did these outfits displease him? I knew I shouldn't have trusted someone as wild as Anne.

     "Did you leave anything in the actual store? Or just tear through it taking everything with you? He said with a laugh. Was it proper protocal to take everything with one when they went shopping? I did not know.

        "No we did not do such a thing." Darien stopped laughing and just looked at me for a minute and I could tell he was thinking so I remained quiet. To interrupt him may make him angry.

       "Well you certainly made quite the wardrobe for yourself. I have no idea where we're going to put any of these things."

        "Well if it poses difficult you will have to choose the clothing you like best and I will ask Anne how to return the items that you do not." I said, simply stating the truth. He shook his head again and looked deep into my eyes as if waiting for me to say something more. That something was something I did not understand in the slightest. What more was there to say? It was one of the rules that he chose what I was to wear.

     "No," he finally replied. "We will certainly be able to find a place for all of them." He walked over to me; the only thing seperating us being the three foot high pile. He leaned in gently and wrapped his massive hands around my waist. I went limp in his hands as he picked me up and placed me on the other side of the pile; so close to his strong body that my nose brushed his chest before I looked up at him.

      We just looked at each other for a minute, his nearly black eyes boring into my own as if he were searching for something in the green depths, before he spoke. "Ceridwen did something happen to you back in Scotland?" What did he mean by that? Had I displeased him in some way?

    "I apologize if I have done something to displease you Mate and I will do whatever is needed to rectify my mistake." I replied as I looked up at him.

     "What..... No!!" He shook his head rapidly and spoke loudly and so close to my ear that it pained me but I dared not flinch for that would mean that I did not deserve whatever I was about to recieve. And I deserved whatever he deemed a good punishment for what I had done. "You have done nothing wrong." I looked at himsilently. I hadnt? Then why had he asked such a question?

     "Then I misunderstand what you are asking of me."

     "What happened to you in your past home?" Ohh he wished that I tell him more about my training as a child. I now understood and smiled at him.

      "Where would you like me to start?" He seemed to truly ponder this idea and finally relented and said:

     "Wherever you would like to start." 

xx Hahaha cliffhanger guys :P sorry about the long wait but wattpad wouldn't let me access my account but now i'll try to update every other day so please still rate and comment. I'd love to hear what you have to say and your ideas for how the story should develop. xx