The Doctor

xx Ceridwen's POV xx

He had held me against him. He just held me. He didn't let me go even as we walked out to the car. He simply picked me up and carried me. Even setting me in his lap as he drove. He didn't say a word until we reached a short squat red building with bright flowers surrounding its outer walls. Picking me up in his arms he walked to the entrance and, without knocking, managed to open the door. No greeting was necessary as he walked into the back room and placed me on the white bed. Everything was white. The bed, the walls, the floors. Even the woman who walked in looked like she was deprived of color. She had alabaster skin and silver hair which seemed to blend into the white coat she was wearing. If it weren't for the pumpkin orange sweater and the blue jeans she might have melted right into the walls. 

As I sat Darien went over to speak to her. I sat and watched him until the scent hit my nose. This was the woman he had smelled like a couple of nights before. He waved in my direction as he continued to speak to her. I waited patiently until she looked at me directly. The woman had eyes of liquid gold. 

"Hello, my name is Lilliana Michaels. I am the doctor here. How are you?" She had walked over and sat in the chair next to the bed placing her hand in front of my nose to shake. I placed my hand in hers. I had been to a doctor every week Scotland. I knew what to do here. 

Darien, before he touched me, wanted to ensure that I was pure. 

"I am well, thank you." 

"Darien here would like you to have a check up. Is that all right with you?" The question was odd. 

"Anything he wishes of me." I smiled at Darien and watched as Dr. Michaels gave him a dark look. 

I stood and began to unbutton the jeans I was wearing. 

"What are you doing?" The doctor asked of me placing her hand on mine stopping me from continuing. 

"Im removing my clothes." I said confused. Was I not doing as she instructed? 

"Yes, but why?" Now I understood.

"So you can make sure I haven't been dirtied. I can assure you no one has been allowed to touch me before my mate. Please check." She drew her hand back and I pulled the jeans down. She place a gown on the bed before turning to Darien and saying "May I please speak to you out in the hall?" 

xx Darien's POV xx

Lilly closed the door behind us. 

"She thinks I brought her here to make sure she's a virgin." My head hurt with all of this.

"From what you've told me and what I've seen today I believe she's been trained to be this way. A person can justify nearly any trauma if it means survival."

My worst fears were realized in this moment. "What can we do?" 

"Well I'll start with a full check up and we'll go from there.