Eleven

April
I made my way to the lunch room. It's a surprise I don't run into anyone. My thoughts are all on what happened in bio. I can't believe I kissed him. Worst was he looked at me like I just poured a bucket of ice water on him. It was the same look Allen Turner had when I kissed him back in the fifth grade. After that he exclaimed that he wasn't into ugly fat chicks. Keith and Jamal almost put that kid in the hospital.

I felt so stupid. I wasn't even think when it happened but somehow I managed to embarrass myself once again.

I walk into the lunch room and my eyes I immediately go to Aden table. To my surprises he's not there. I scan the crowd. I almost pass him over but I have to do a double take. He's sitting at another small table and his laughing with some green haired girl. I've never seen him laugh like that. There's another guy there and their all chatting and joking around.

I feel something that's a little too close to jealousy for my liking. The one time I tried to sit with him he sent me away as soon as I sat down. Now this green hair chick gets a free pass?What type of bull-

Calm down, April. I think to myself. She's probably just a friend. It's perfectly acceptable for him to have other friends and if she not...well, that perfectly  acceptable too. I'm just his biology partner nothing more.

I look back at the table. Their still laughing. Green hair lean over to playfully push Aden's arm. 

Seriously? Goth chick can't be that funny.

I grit my teeth. Out of the corner of my eye I see my brothers table.Why don't I put this frustration to some good use? I turn to them and stalk over to their table. They stop talking the moment they see my face.

"Yo, April. What's got you in such a sour mood?" Keith said.

"We need to talk. Now." I say looking at them both.

"Oh sh!t, she put on her momma voice Jamal. We better do what she says." Keith said jokingly hitting Jamal's leg.

Jamal didn't laugh he kept his eyes on me, silently assessing . I rolled my eyes. I was pissed and didn't have time to deal with either of them.

"If you don't get up and follow me right now, I guaranty you both will regret it." I say and turn around. They both know what I'm capable of and they know I'm not joking. After all these years of knowing them I've got enough dirt to bring their cool guy facade crashing down.

Reluctantly they both stand and follow me out side of the lunch room. I lead them into a class room that I know is empty. Once the door is closed I turn back around to face them.

"Is it true?" I ask.

"Is what true?" Keith asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't play games with me. I'm not in the mood." I snap.

"Is this about that Aden kid. Don't tell me he came whining to you like a little b!tch." Keith said.

"So it's true. You too have been bullying him." I say feeling hurt. There my brother. How could they do such a thing. They should know better.

"April come on. It's not like we did anything crazy. We just ruffed him up a bit. Boys do that." Jamal said.

I turn to look at him. Keith can be a but immature but honestly I expected more from Jamal. "You don't put your hands on someone who hasn't done anything to you. That's what daddy always says or have you forgotten that."

"He's a freak April. He doesn't talk to anyone and he pushes everyone away."Keith said.

"He's a loner, Keith. He transferred to the school where no one knew him and majority of the student body looks completely different from him. Did you even try to talk to him? Did you ever once say hello? " I shout back.

"Why are you getting so defensive?"

"Do you really have to ask? Is it really so hard to understand why I'd be against picking on someone because of the way they look or act."

"No one here would dare pick on you April." Jamal said taking a step forward.

I take a step back and wrap my arms around myself. "They don't say anything because their afraid of you but not all of them are capable of controlling their facial expressions. I see what their thinking even if they don't say it. Beside your influence only matters inside of these walls. Outside no one cares. Last week end I bumped into a guy and he told me fat b!tches need to watch were they're going."

"April-"

"No."

I shake my head. I need to get this out and I need them both to listen. I've always been aware of how people saw me even though my brothers tried to protect me.

"I didn't tell you guess because I felt so ashamed. Hearing him say that made me angry but it also reminded me of all the looks I get while I'm here. Being bullied is the worst feeling ever. It makes you feel small and unwanted, like there something wrong with you. But do you want to know what the worst part of this whole thing is?" I ask.

I'm almost on the verge of tears, but I push them back. This isn't about me. I need to make it through the rest of my speech. They both need to understand.

"The worst part was after hearing what you did to Aden, I realized your no better than that guy. You say and do whatever you feel like without ever considering how the other persons feels. If our parents  never got married I would be just another outcast for you to pick on."

"April that's not true." Jamal said. He looks hurt that I would even think that, but I can't find it in myself to feel sorry for him. I look at him and all I can think is that he's just like the rest of them.

"Yes it is, because your bullies and picking on the weak is what bullies do." I say.

I look at them both. Neither of them seem to be able to come up with anything to say. They weren't prepared for me to have this much of a reaction to what they were doing. I turn my head away from them.

"I'm going to catch the bus home, so don't wait up." I say moving out of the room.

"April." Keith calls but I don't look back. I can't bare to be around them right now. I'm hurt and disappointed that the brothers I adored turned out to be the same monsters Aden depicted.

I walk back toward the cafe but at the last minute decided to turn around. My stomach can't handle food and I'm not ready to face Aden yet. I think of him at the table with his new found friend. I try to be happy for him but really it just makes me feel more alone. In this school full of people I have no one. I am the outsider and deep down inside I know that I always was.

🌹🌹🌹
Authors note: I don't know if it the pms but I cried a little when I wrote this part. I felt so bad for April. 

Updates might start coming a little slower. It's test season and yours truly has a cold. (Boo :( ) I know, I know, if it was up to me I'd throw out responsibilities and just write fluff for April and Aden, but  you know how life is.

Please let me know what you think and star if you liked it

Until next time xoxo gossip girl (lol jk)