Chapter 17

Thinking about uploading twice in one day! BOOM, BABY! Yeah... it's cause I'm sick, but don't complain. *puppy eyes* So, please vote EXTRA and comment EXTRA because I'm doing this for YOU despite my headache. Oh yeah, like the plot twist in the last chappie?

 Chapter 17~

 (Geek's PoV)

 "Your house?" Ainsley repeated.

 "Yes. I have to at least put a shirt on, you know," I said dryly. I started the car and felt her eyes boring a hole into my shoulder, but I ignored it.

 "Whatever. What's this meeting about?" she asked, settling her jacket over her legs.

 "You cold?" I asked, trying to distract her. We pulled out of her driveway and onto the road, and I felt an almost crushing relief to be out of her house, happy she had forced herself into the meeting instead of staying there alone.

 "No," she lied. I could hear her teeth chattering, and I'll admit that it was pretty cold in the car. Instead of responding to her, I turned the heat on. She noticed and once again, her eyes were on me. I kept my face straight, unable to look at her and be able to focus on the road at the same time. She was too beautiful.

 "So, what's the meeting about again?" she persisted. I nearly laughed at her nosiness.

 "I'm crossing my fingers it's a promotion," I lied easily. She nodded, making a wave of pineapple travel to my nose. I nearly lost it right there, and had to battle the urge to pull over onto the shoulder and kiss her senseless.

 I cleared my throat.

 "Oh. So, where do you work?" she asked, fiddling with the buttons on her peacoat.

 "Err, I work with a... construction company."

 "Seriously?"

 "Yeah. Moves around a lot, good work, good pay, you know. Saving for college," I lied again. It made me feel weird that she couldn't tell that I was lying like I could when she did. I wanted her to scream at me that I was a liar so I could have a chance to tell her the truth.

 "That's... different." She managed to answer. I shrugged and focused on driving on the highway without speeding.

 "Yeah."

~

 We arrived at my apartment complex that I was currently renting for this job. It was extremely modern and fancy, crisp and clean since I wasn't home much, and Boss had hired me a chef and a cleaning lady. I swallowed nervously, wondering what she was thinking.

 "An apartment? You and your family live here?" she asked confusedly. Oh shit! I forgot about my "parents". And our damned Dalmatian.

 "Uh, no. It's our... city house...?" I offered. She hmm-ed, looking out the window, despite the drizzling rain.

 "I just need to throw on a shirt and stuff," I said quickly as I pulled into the driveway.

 "Okay," she agreed without hesitating. She pushed the door open and pointed her umbrella in front of her, quickly opening it up before the rain could ruin her satin dress. I heard her heels meet the concrete, and she gracefully slid on her jacket.

 "Don't mind if I go in, do you?" she asked, leaning down to look at me. I swallowed and realized I was still sitting in my seat with the belt still buckled. She smirked as if she knew I had been watching her.

 "Um, no, not at all. My parents aren't here, though, they're at the country house, as well as Spot." Spot? Spot the Dalmatian. Seriously? How dumb could I get?