Chapter 9

Okay, so not 15 votes, but I wanted to upload today. So, vote vote vote! :D this time there will be 15, yes?

Chapter 9-

(Geek's PoV)

 Damn, my knuckles hurt. I winced as I bandaged them tightly, making a face at the bloody water in the tub at my feet. Sometimes being a CIA agent sucked.

 My cell rang, and I checked the caller I.D. before answering quickly.

 "Mr. Winters," I greeted.

 "Agent Peters," he growled, "Why didn't you tell me that you let Landon push my daughter?" he demanded, sounding extremely upset. I sighed.

 "You hired me to protect Ainsley, and I am. I'm protecting her from the stalker that is sending her death threats and obscene notes. I can't blow my cover, and if I had knocked out Landon then and there, your daughter was bound to be suspicious. If she's suspicious, she won't let me around her to protect her and my cover will eventually be blown. I can't have that happening. If the case had been extremely dangerous, I definitely would have done something. She can handle herself for the most part, though, Clinton." I spoke calmly, even though I was seething inside about what had happened too. He grunted.

 "Just watch over my baby girl," he muttered and hung up. He sure was pleasant to talk to when he was upset...

 BRRRRINNNG BRRINNNG!

 I sighed and answered.

 "Agent Peters, here."

 "Agent Peters, we need you immediately at Southcenter mall..." Boss's voice sounded over the phone urgently.

 Work never ended when you were a top-notch spy.

~

(Ainsley's PoV)

 Rosemary and I walked into the grand mall entrance, entering the large foyer. Escalators made an X in the center of the floor, and the whole mall was set up so that each floor had a four-way. I tingled with excitement, wondering what kind of clothes we'd be able to find for her.

 "So what kind of look exactly are you looking for?" I asked, grabbing her arm and leading her to the up escalators.

 "Oh uh... I guess dressy casual, but not too over-the-top. Nothing revealing and not too... stunning. Just simply feminine?" she questioned nervously. I narrowed my eyes and bit my tongue, thinking up an outfit that fulfilled her expectations.

 "Got it. Let's go into... this one!" Rosemary tilted her head back to get a quick glimpse of the J.C. Penney's sign before I dragged her in. The smell of clean clothes and promise filled the air, and I smiled to myself. Oh, this would be fun.

 "Over here." I dragged her to a chair and sat her down, handing her my purse.

 "I'm going to go find a few outfits for you, hold this. Be right back! DON'T MOVE." I shot her a Look and she gulped nervously, sighing and bowing her head in defeat. I practically skipped to the Women's area and began searching like a fiend for something that could catch my eye. Nothing really stood out, so I just acted on an impulsive whim and snagged a few shirts that Rosemary would like before going back over to her.

 She frowned at her phone, reading and rereading something on it. I held my hand out, arching a brow.

 "It's him, isn't it." I said bluntly. Her eyes widened in nervousness, making me smirk.