Chapter 10

Here's chapter 10.... and I had to work hard to be able to upload today! KEEP VOTING AND I'LL LOVE YOU TO BITS! AND COMMENTS! I LOVE COMMENTS!!! Wait... but.. you can't actually 'love someone to bits'.... so... umm... I'll make you a virtual cake! YEAH! That's right. You know you want one.... so just vote! BREAK THAT VOTE BUTTON. I demand thee. Hehe okay I'll stop now...

 Chapter 10~

(Ainsley's PoV)

 "Where are we go- Ow!" I hissed, hopping up and down on my uninjured foot when Seneva stomped on my foot. She turned around to give me a look that said' shut up or I'm telling Mommy you're out of the hospital room'. I narrowed my eyes at her and she flashed me a toothy grin before continuing to creep along the side of the hospital wall. We reached a corner and I stopped when I heard voices.

 "Neva, who's out there?" She shrugged and poked her little head around the corner, whipping back around quickly.

 "It's them!" she whispered urgently. My curiosity rose. Dad was with the guy who saved me? I had to see. I began to move around Seneva but she held her tiny hand up, signaling for me to wait.

 "Daddy's really angry," she whispered, just as confused as I was. Why would he be angry at the guy? Wouldn't he actually be angry at- Seneva craned her neck and looked over to where I couldn't see, her brow furrowing.

 "The guy is about to leave." she stated simply. NO! I HAD TO SEE HIM!

 "Could you.. distract Dad?" I asked, biting my lip. She turned around and squinted her dark blue eyes at me.

 "I don't want to get in trouble."

 "Neva, if he caught us right now we'd already be in trouble. Plus, he never gets angry at you..." I muttered. She tilted her head, considering the truth of my statement for a minute, before finally nodding at its validity.

 "True. It's all you," she pointed out. My eye twitched and I gritted my teeth.

 "I'm aware. Let's move on from that." I said dryly.

 "Okay," she said happily, skipping out to the intersection of the hallways. My eyes widened in bewilderment. What was she doin-

 "Daddy! I saw Ainsley," Seneva grinned, skipping over to him. She took his large hand and looked up at him with those navy blues, her wispy strawberry blonde hair falling into her face.

 "That's very nice, sweethea-"

 "I gotta potty!" she blurted, blushing and peeking at the stranger. I craned my neck, cringing when it accidentally popped. The stranger had his back to me, of course, so I couldn't make out who he was.

 "Where's your mother-" Dad began to ask, but Seneva began jumping up and down.

 "Dadddddyyyyy!" she wailed. "It can't wait!"

 "All right, all right. I'll call you later, Na-" Yes! A name! I shuffled to the edge of the corner and turned my ear towards them, hoping to catch his name but... something unexpected happened. I leaned too far over and tripped falling face-first onto the tile hallway, making a loud THUD!

 Oh CRAP.

 "Seneva, what was that?" Dad's voice asked curiously.

 "There was an e- quip- m- ment cart behind that corner..." she trailed, purposely stumbling over the words in order to gain recognition.

 "Excuse me? Did you just say the word 'equipment'? You're four! How-"

 "Mommy lets me read hard books." she said simply. I could almost see the mischievous smile on her face. I used the distraction as a chance to scramble up quietly, well, as quietly as I was able to, and fling myself back against the wall for full-coverage.