Chapter 12

I'm uplooooading! :) I honestly don't have this chapter planned out. But...I'll make do. Hopefully you like this one. Ready? Okay! READ! WARNING: This chapter is not for the faint of heart. It's probably the scariest chapter I'll write in this story. So.... beware.

Chapter 12~

 "I'm home," I called as I stepped into the house. I kicked off my flats and dropped my backpack.

 "In the kitchen!" Mom called back to me. I took the stupid baby by the foot and tossed it onto the couch as I passed it. Mom and Seneva were in the kitchen, painting.

 "Why can't I stay home and paint," I grumbled. Mom laughed.

 "Because you're old." Seneva smirked up at me, as if to say 'haha'. I frowned.

 "Since when is seventeen old?"

 "Since I had to start paying for your car insurance," Mom replied casually, going to the sink to wash her paintbrush off. I rolled my eyes.

 "You and Dad are the ones that gave me the car for my sixteenth!" I retorted. Mom smiled at me, eyes all-knowing.

 "I know, sweetheart. I'm teasing," she said simply, turning off the tap. Seneva gave me this devilish look that freaked me out a bit, so I ignored her. Mom got a glass of water and began drinking. I smirked to myself and winked at Seneva.

 "Mom, I have a baby." Cue the epic spitting-of-water.

 "WHAT?!" she spluttered, eyes wide in shock. I grinned at her, and leaned my hip against the granite counter.

 "Twins, actually. Ms. Witherston assigned us babies for a 'parenting and marriage' unit today. Sucks monkey bal-"

 "Ainsley," Mom warned, looking pointedly at the back of Seneva's strawberry blonde head.

 "-loons," I finished. Seneva looked up at Mom.

 "I want a monkey balloon." Mom patted her head and got a paper towel to mop up the spit-contaminated water off the counter.

 "Sometime, honey." she turned back to me. "I think that's a great idea. It'll teach you how to be responsible and what life will be like, and how hard marriage is. I mean, it's not all flowers and chocolates, sweetie. It's two people, living together out of love despite their flaws and differences, trying to make it work. And when kids come into the picture, out of one night of-"

 "MOM!" I yelled, covering my ears. She winked at me.

 "Just kidding. That stuff's gross. I don't know how your father got me to give in, but I'm happy he did. I've got two, brilliant daughters, and I'm content." Seneva looked up at Mom again.

 "Am I brilliant?" she asked innocently. Too innocently, if you ask me.

 "Of course sweet pea," she smiled and kissed Seneva's head. Seneva slid her sparkling cobalt eyes in my direction.

 "Is Ainey brilliant?" Mom faltered for a second, and I frowned.

 "Yes, you both are." Seneva stabbed her paper with her red paintbrush viciously, smirking as she did it. (Author's Note: I laughed so hard when I wrote this line. Ah, Seneva.)

 "Am I more brilliant?" she asked sweetly. Mom chuckled.

 "I think you both are equal, except in your own unique ways." she responded cleverly. Seneva pouted.

 "That's a lie," she muttered quietly so Mom couldn't hear, looking straight at me. I narrowed my eyes at her and she gave me a smug smile. She laid her paintbrush on her paper and hopped off the stool, rushing around the island to hug Mom's legs.