Chapter 8

I awoke at sunrise thanks to the sun rising in the East; I was facing east and the early rays hit my face causing me to not be able to sleep. I rounded up my things which consisted of a sweatshirt I had used to cover up with last night. It was fairly chilly up in the trees once the sun was down. I carefully stepped down onto the lower branches to get my feet back onto solid ground. I searched and searched for some type of food. Finding nothing I headed to the road again. 200 miles to go till L.A. I set off, letting my mind wander to the evils lurching in the woods. Now aware of what there could be I looked around to ever sound I heard wondering what was creeping on me now.

Now I was getting close to a little town on the outskirts of L.A. I found a tiny diner and searched and searched for some money. Finding some in my jeans I went inside to order at least a side. The lady asked what I wanted and I replied something cheap since I had barely any money and no sort of transportation.

"What a minute, I know you. Have you been here before? Or on you on tv?"

"Erm, I don't think ive been here, but yes, I've been in several movies, and a few series. I'm Sage Diamonds." I decided to just get on with it, with any luck she'll know I was missing recently.

"Do you need to call anyone?" she asked pointing to the phone in the back of the counter by the ice cream maker thing.

"Actually yeah. That'd help me out a lot." I smiled grateful and she motioned for me to come back and go ahead and dial who I needed. I dialed my dad.

Several rings.  No answer. I tried again.

"Dad! Pick up! It's me Sage. I'm in some sort of small town and I don't know where I am, but I need someone to come get me." I left a voicemail.

Minutes passed. He didn't call back. I ate and started to head out.

"Sage, why don't you stay for a bit, he may call back later." the lady told me and I nodded sitting down at the bar part of the diner. We talked a bit and even exchanged numbers, she wasn't too far from where I lived and I could probably hang out with her later.

the phone rang. My ears perked. It wasn't him. I sighed and leaned down into my chair further, I was starting to think my dad didn't care.

"Its him." Luna handed me the phone.

"Dad?"

"Sage, its you. I was worried youd been killed or something." he sounded relieved.

"No im fine. Im in.." I looked at Luna for the town name. she mouthed 'Eldora' to me. "Eldora, to the east of L.A"

"Im sending Mark to get you. I have a meeting, stay there sweetie." he hung up.

I smiled glad I was going home. I was going home.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Im making this the end. I MAY do a sequel thingy to it, I don't know. But I just wanna say, its really incredible how many reads I have this story that I started in like 6th grade and I finally started putting my ideas in to use in my 8th grade year, its incredible what one can do with their imagination, now granted this story is a major fail, but I promise my newest ones are gonna be a hit, I can feel it guys, I've really found out how to write and now that I'm a freshman I know a lot more about writing then I did when I started this book, thank you to those who read the whole thing and stuck with the terrible plot with no evil twist, sorry. I promise the newer books will be wayyyy better, please check them out once they're up! thank you so much for the experience though, it really means a lot, and like I said it will get wayyyyy better as I mature(: -A