Tiberius-the healer

The next morning dawned hot and bright. Spock and Muriah remained silent as they made their way to the old section of Vulcan's capital city. Spock stopped in front of an ancient white stone house. The abode must have been centuries old for it still had its feudal clan name engraved over the doorway. Spock reached forward and rang the bell which sat in a little nook beside the door. A few moments later a Vulcan that looked as weathered as the home opened the door.

He held out his hands and said, "Spock son of Sarek and Muriah daughter of Saben, Welcome."

Muriah felt tears come to her eyes. It had been a long time since she had heard her father's name spoken aloud. The Vulcan healer showed them to a room with two couches. He then bowed his head. "I will give you two a moment to prepare."

Muriah wanted to clutch at Spock's sleeve and beg him to take her away from this place. Instead she just lay down on the couch and asked Spock, "Spock, where is the Romulan?" Spock felt his control slipping as he struggled to not be overcome by the fear in Muriah's voice.

"I am here young one," a voice spoke from the doorway.

Muriah sat up to gaze upon the Romulan's face-her enemy. She was surprised that he appeared to be as young or younger than herself. He was tall and handsome like most Romulans. His angular features softened when he smiled and Muriah found herself flushing as the Romulan's green eyes sought hers. "I am called Tiberius," he stated in a soft non-imperial tone. He then grinned over at Spock as Spock raised an eyebrow.

He then took Muriah's hand in his own turning it over and over in his own as his eyes closed. When he opened his eyes they were full of tears. "I am sorry small one."

Muriah was about to tell him that she was not a 'small one', but something in his expression comforted her.

He smiled at her again and this time he was the one who flushed as Muriah's eyes held his. Tiberius looked down and then cleared his throat. "Please lay back on the couch." He then gestured for Spock to do the same. Tiberius then laid his cool fingers upon Muriah's temples and then Spock's.

Spock let his mind slip into deep meditation. For a while he drifted through the grey mists of his consciousness until he became aware that he stood in a courtyard. A Vulcan child sobbed in the corner trying in vain to meditate. The inside of the house was quiet. The child began to shake as a cold dread took over her mind and then her body. She clutched at the wall as she attempted to stand. It was then that Spock noticed that the child's features. It was Muriah.

"Mother?" Muriah called out. There was no answer. For a moment Muriah stood and listened to the wind as it blew through the dry branches of the desert plants, making the limbs scratch against one another. Muriah swallowed knowing that she must go inside. The howling winds faded away as Muriah entered the house. Darkness engulfed the once friendly walls of her home. Muriah then made her way to her mother's room. Something dark oozed from underneath the door. Muriah blinked afraid to go in.

Muriah's throat constricted in terror as she made her way inside the room. Blood covered every surface of the room. It ran down the wall in green rivulets. Muriah screamed and ran to her mother's fallen body. Just as she was about to touch her mother's blood doused skin the door burst open and a hooded figure approached her. Muriah pushed past him and then ran outside. As the hot sands of Vulcan touched her feet Muriah didn't feel the small grains burning into her skin as she ran further into the desert.