Surrender

As soon as the enterprise had been hit Scotty knew they were in trouble. However, like all good surgeons he worked to save her until he saw greenish shimmering figures of light materializing. Scotty jumped up and grabbed a dazed Lieutenant by the front of his uniform.

“Come on, Lieutenant, we’ve got to get out of here, we’re being boarded.” When Lieutenant Riley didn’t answer, Scotty shook him a little, “Riley, let’s go now, laddie.” Scotty shouted.

Lieutenant Riley looked at Scotty in shock, “With all due respect, Mister Scott, I am not leaving my post.”

Scotty rolled his eyes and grabbed Lieutenant Riley’s arm, “We can do the ship no good by being captured or killed. Now, come on laddie, let’s go,” Scotty said softly.

Before the green shimmering lights fully materialized Scotty and Lieutenant Riley were gone.

Muriah clung to Doctor McCoy as the ship bucked, and fought to keep its place in space, each jolt stronger than the last. Screams echoed throughout sick-bay as McCoy wobbled to his feet and began to assist the wounded. The noise was deafening and Muriah sank to the ground as flash backs from another attack clawed to make their way up to the surface of her memory. Then the lights flickered immersing them in semi darkness for the emergency red flashing beacons had come on, making sick bay look like an entrance to hell.

Muriah ran out of sick bay and into the corridor not prepared for what she saw for the dead and dying lay everywhere as the remainder of the crew fought hand to hand with Romulan soldiers. Shrinking back against the wall Muriah covered her face with her hands and shivered in terror. The fighting continued until a smooth voice spoke over the intercom, “Valiant crew of the Enterprise this is Commander Raeth, your Captain is now my prisoner. Put down your weapons and surrender or I will slit your Captain’s throat, letting you hear his tortured screams as I cut through his neck slowly.”

The Enterprise crew barely acknowledged the announcement as they continued to fight. Muriah knelt down near a dead Ensign. The weapon that had killed him had been a cruel one, ignoring the blood and shattered bone, Muriah reached for his gore spattered phaser, adjusting the setting to kill.

Small beads of sweat appeared on Kirk’s forehead as he leaned forward in his chair bringing to bear every ounce of training he had received at the academy.

“Spock, have you been able to reach Scotty?” Kirk snapped.

Spock shook his head, “No, Captain.”

Kirk frowned as he rubbed the side of his jaw, “Mister Spock, we must assume that Scotty has been captured or killed.” Kirk paused for a moment as a surreal quiet surrounded him, “Spock, activate the self-destruct sequence.”

Spock let go of Uhura’s hand as he keyed in the self-destruct pattern, he was just about to push in the last number when the whine of a transporter beam filled the bridge. Kirk slammed his fist down on his part of the self-destruct sequence, but was too late. The last thing Kirk heard was Uhura screaming, as a disrupter blast knocked him to the ground. The bridge became a scene of chaos as the crew of the Enterprise fought hand to hand, but they were outnumbered and all too soon it was over. Uhura tried to keep her gaze neutral but involuntarily her attention returned to Kirk’ prone figure and the flood of dark blood that pooled beneath it.

Sub-Commander Knareth smiled cruelly at each crew member and then his eyes rested on Uhura. Walking over he traced her jaw with his long finger, “What is your name my dear?” He asked softly.

Uhura glared at him and spit in his face. The Romulan smiled as he wiped his face and then barked out an order to a couple of his soldiers, “Hold her down, she needs to be punished for in subornation to her new Captain.”

Uhura struggled, but was no match for the four Romulans that held her to the ground spread eagle. Sub-Commander Knareth could not control the lust and excitement that coursed through his body as his hands reached underneath Uhura’s uniform, clawing at her underclothing until his hand made contact with her breast.

Uhura was crying with rage and fear as the Romulan spoke to her softly, “Wait until I touch you human, once I penetrate you; you will long for my touch again.” The Romulan was gasping with need as he struggled to undo his pants. A shout made him lose focus for Spock had broken free from his captors and was lunging forward.

“Control him,” the sub-commander growled as they subdued a struggling Spock. Once he was firmly held into place the Romulan eyed Spock as he circled him. “It is touching to see a Vulcan so passionate. Is it just to protect a fellow crew-member or something else? Your eyes burn with hate, yet something else too. Could it be you want her for yourself? Fine, you can fight for her and if you win I will let you have her after me.”

The Romulan ordered the guards to release Spock as the Sub-Commander threw down his own weapons, “Vulcan brother let us settle things in the old way.”

Spock and the Romulan circled each other, each cautious, each lethal. Then Spock lost all control as he lunged for the Romulan, the attack was reckless, unskilled, yet Spock didn’t care for he just wanted to feel his hands around the Romulan’s neck.

The both were so intent on their fight that they failed to notice Commander Raeth’s entrance on the bridge. “Enough stop this now,” he shouted.

The Romulan paused just long enough for Spock to grab the Romulan in a head lock and without a moment’s hesitation he snapped Uhura’s would be attacker’s neck with a satisfying pop as the vertebrate bones that led to the base of his skull cracked.

Commander Raeth raised an eyebrow at Spock and said, “Very commendable my Vulcan brother, you have saved me the trouble of dispatching him myself.”

Then everyone on the bridge became silent as Spock walked through a group of armed Romulans, heedless of his own well-being he pushed them aside to reach Uhura. Kneeling down, beside her, Spock swallowed when he looked at her tear stained face as she struggled to cover herself from where the Romulan had ripped off her clothing.

“Step away from her, or I will shoot,” The Commander shouted as he pointed a disruptor at Spock’s head.

Spock ignored him as he took off his shirt and slipped it over Uhura’s head. Without a word Spock gently took Uhura’s hand and guided her to a protected spot behind him.

The Commander lowered his weapon and smiled for he had seldom seen such bravery and loyalty. “What is your name, Vulcan brother?”

Spock stood tall his bare chest exposed, vulnerable, “My name is Spock.”

The Commander raised an eyebrow, “Mister Spock, the famous Mister Spock, well, well. Mister Spock, you have fought bravely for your consort. You have my word that no one will touch her and if it becomes necessary to eliminate the crew of the Enterprise, you may kill her humanely yourself. Such is the right of the mate of a consort.”

Spock bowed his head in acknowledgement and Uhura found herself wishing as if she were really Spock’s consort, for she had never felt so cherished and as inappropriate as it was she slipped her arms around his bare waist and laid her tear stained cheek against Spock’s back. Expecting Spock to flinch when she touched him, Uhura was surprised when he leaned heavily into her arms, allowing her fingers to freely grasp his warm flesh.