Chapter 16

I sit down on the park bench with my head phones in, blasting Every Avenue. I close my eyes and enjoy the sun warming up my skin. I feel a light tap on my shoulder and pull my head phones out. I smile at the green eyes looking down at me.

"You know you should always pay attention to your surroundings. For all you know I could have been some crazy serial killer ready to kidnap you." Cam smirks at me.

I roll my eyes and playfully shove his shoulder, "you are so weird sometimes."

"How have you been Sammy?"

"I've been really good. Ash and I have been spending a lot of time together lately and Rachel hasn't been around as much lately." I tell him.

"That's great Sammy!" He says happily.

I can tell by the look in his eyes that he means it. That's the thing about Cam, he's always genuinely happy to hear about me talk about Ash and he always gives me advice when I need it. Cam had quickly become a very close friend of mine and I'm glad that we can remain close, even after the break-up.

"What about you? How are you?" I ask.

"I'm doing really good. Actually I met a girl." he says smiling.

"Oh my God, when?" I ask excitedly.

"A couple days ago. She brought her car into the shop and we got to talking and she gave me her number. I'm taking her out tomorrow."

I throw my arms around Cam and hug him. He has a huge smile on his face when I pull back, "What's her name? When do I get to meet her?"

"Her name is Emily and I'm not sure, hopefully soon if things go well on our date tomorrow." he tells me.

"That is so great Cam! I'm so happy for you."

"Come on, I'm too happy to just sit here."

Cam stands up and I follow him. We stroll around the park and chat about random things. We pass a couple sitting in the grass making out and I stop dead in my tracks. I turn around and stomp over to the couple with a confused Cam right behind me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing!?" I yell.

The couple jumps apart and Rachel's eyes widen when she sees me. She quickly stands up and the guy she was kissing stands up too, looking very annoyed.

"Who the hell are you?" he asks me.

I ignore him and stare down Rachel, "What the fuck is wrong with you!? You have a great guy and you fucking go out and cheat on him!? You no good little whore!"

I lunge for her before anyone can stop me. We both fall to the ground and I get on top of her. I cock my arm back and with all my force I punch her in the nose. Blood gushes out and she starts thrashing widely, scoring me in the face with her long nails. I feel a thin line of blood trickle down my right cheek from the scratch she caused. I get in another punch,, this time her eye, before Cam is pulling me away from her, I struggle against him, trying to get back to her so I can bash her head in.

"You stupid bitch!," she screeches, "I'm bleeding!"

Rachel presses her hand to her nose, trying to stop the blood, but it is useless. She narrows her eyes on me, "Wait 'till Ash finds out his psychotic friend attacked me for no reason. After all who do you think he's going to believe Sammy? Me, his girlfriend or you, the pathetic, jealous skank that wants everyone to miserable like her because she can't hold onto a man.?"

That devious little bitch! I renew my struggles against Cam, but his arms tighten around me. "First off you stupid cunt, I would never be jealous of you. Second, there is no way in hell that Ash would take your side over mine."

"We'll see about that." Rachel saunters off, leaving behind the guy she cheated on Ash with.

"Why do I always find the crazy ones?" he mutters to himself as he walks away from us.

Cam finally lets go of me, I need to get home." I tell him.

"I know. Do you want me to go with you?" he asks.

"No. I don't think Ash would want an audience for something like this."

"I understand. Call me if you need anything."

I give Cam a quick hug and dash back to my car. I break the speed limit as I race back to the house. Rachel's car is already parked in front of the house by the time I pull into the driveway. I park my car and rush into the house.

I can hear Rachel's fake crying from the living room. I walk in there and stop in front of the couch with my arms crossed over my chest. The lying skank has her arms wrapped around Ash's neck and her face buried against his chest. Ash has his arms wrapped around and is gently rubbing her back.

He looks up at me anger and confusion darkening his eyes, "What the hell happened Sammy? Rachel said you saw her in the park and flipped out for no reason and attacked her. I know you and you wouldn't do that, but this looks bad from where I'm sitting."

"I caught her cheating on you Ash." I confess quietly.

His eyes widen and Rachel pulls back and snares at me, "You lying bitch! I would never do something like that."

I don't bother to say anything, I don't need to. I can see the hard look in Ash's eyes as he moves away from Rachel, "Get out" he tells her.

The shocked, disbelieving look on her face his priceless, "You're taking her side over mine!? I'm you girlfriend!"

Ash shakes his head, "Not any more you're not. I don't date cheaters. Get out."

Rachel stands up and looks back-and-forth between me and Ash, "I hope you're happy, you home wrecking bitch." she says to me.

She walks out with her head held high. The front door opens and slams shut. Neither of us say a word. I face Ash and notice the completely blank look on his face. Ash walks away and I just stand there, not quite sure what to do or say.

I walk out of the living room just in time to see Ash walking to the front door with his keys and helmet in his hands.

"Where are you going?" I question.

"Out, I need to clear my head. I wont be back tonight."

Ash quickly walks out the door and a few seconds later his Harley starts up. The sound grows faint as he speeds away. With a weary sigh I flop down on the couch and call Cam to let him know how everything went.