Chapter 10

I sit down at the kitchen table with my breakfast when Ash walks in. He sits down across from me with a too-innocent smile on his face. I know that look. He is up to something.

"Just spit it out, Ash," I say, with a roll of my eyes.

Ash leans agsinst his arms, which are resting on the table. A hopeful spark in his eyes, "I want you and Cam to double date with me and Rachel."

I burst out laughing. Ash is staring at me with a peeved expression on his handsome face. I get my laughter under control and notice the deadly-serious look in his eyes. "Oh, God, you're serious," I breath out.

"Yes, Sammy, I'm serious. I was thinking the four of us could go out tomorrow," he says, a small smile on his face.

"I'm gonna' go with no," I say. "I don't like Rachel, and she doesn't like me. Putting the two of us together is a very bad idea."

Ash rolls his eyes and scoffs. "Rachel likes you. Come on, Sammy. It'll be fun."

Fun? Spending even a second with Rachel is not my idea of fun. I'm about to tell him there is no way in hell that this double date is going to happen, when I catch the puppy-dog look on his face. Damn, him! He knows I can never resist that damned look.

"Alright, alright. Just stop with that look," I whine.

Ash jumps up froom his seat, rushes over to me, and throws his arms around my body. "Thank you! You're the best!" He kisses my cheek and leaves the room, no doubt to go call Rachel about the double date. I guess I need to let Cam know.

I finish my breakfast, then head back to my room. I grab my phone and send a quick text to Cam,

Ash wants us 2 go on a double date with him and rachel 2maro. I told him we would.

My cell instantly buzzed in my hand,

Cool. I'll see u 2maro then sweetheart :)

I am so not looking forward to tomorrow.

"Why don't you girls go grab us seats while we get drinks and snacks," Ash offers.

Rachel and I silently walk into the theatre and choose the seats in the center. I take the end seat, and she sits one down from me. I try to focus on the screen, but I could feel her glaring eyes burning holes into my skin. I turn to face her. "What!?" I snap at her.

She crosses her arms over her chest. "I told you to stay away from Ash."

I copy her pose and cross my arms over her chest. "That's funny," I begin, "I could have sworn I told you that that wasn't going to happen."

"I'm not playing games with you, Sammy. Stay the hell away from him!" she whispers fiercely.

I lean forward. "neither am I, Rachel," I snear at her. "You may think you're something special to him, but you're not. Another thing, just remember that I had him first."

Her eyes widen in shock, and I sit back in my chair with a smug smile on my face, right as Ash and Cam walk in. Cam sits down next to me and hands me our soda before draping his arm over my shoulder.

"You girls having fun?" Ash asks.

"Oh, yeah! We're having a blast! Right, Rachel?" The sarcasm and fake smile on my face were obvious, so both Cam and Ash gave me a courius look.

"Right," Rachel says, numbly.

"What was that about?" Cam whispers into my ear as the movie begins to play.

"That was Rachel losing," I whisper back.

By the confused look on his face, I knew he wanted me to explain. Instead, I just shake my head, and he settles back into his chair.

The tention in the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Every so often, I would catch Rachel glancing back-and-forth between Ash and I, as if she was trying to figure out if what I said was a lie.

Once the movie ends, the four of us make our way out to the lobby. Rachel is openly glaring at me, but Ash is oblivious to it while he talks to Cam about the movie.

"So, who's hungry?" Cam asks, clapping his hands together.

"I vote for mexican food," Ash chimes in.

We agree to meet at the closest Garcias. Ash and Rachel take off on his bike, while Cam and I follow them in his car.

"So what was up with you and Rachel earlier?" Cam asks, as he turns out onto the main street.

I shrug. "She told me to stay away from Ash, and I told her it wasn't going to happen."

"Does she realize that it would be kinda' hard, considering you guys live together?" he questions.

"She's not really the brightest bulb."

Cam nods in agreement and reaches over to grab my hand. We are silent the rest of the ride.

We meet Ash and Rachel in the front of Garcias, then go in to wait for a table. The four of us are led back to a quiet corner in the back. After taking our drink orders, the waiter leaves us to look over the menus.

By the time the waiter comes back, all of us are ready to order. After ordering, the waiter leaves, and Cam and Ash fill the awkward silence with talk of cars. Rachel jumps into the conversation, while I sit there, quietly.

What was Ash thinking? A double date was probably the worst idea he has ever had. I just want to go home and forget this day has ever happened. Cam nudges me and points to the plate that was set in front of me.

Dinner seems to last forever. I am so thankful when it finaly ends. Cam says goodbye to Ash and Rachel, then we walk back to his car. Cam and I joke around on the short drive back to my house. He pulls into the driveway, and opens the passenger door for me. I smile and take his hand as he walks me to the front door. We stop at the door and face each other. He cups my cheek in his warm hand, and leans down to press his lips against mine. I slide my hands into his hair and pull him closer to me, as I gently bite his lower lip. He moans, and throws his arms around my waist.

The front door opens and we break apart. Jason looks back and forth between us. "Don't mind me, I'm just leaving for work."

Jason walks past us over to his truck. "Carry on," he calls back, before he gets into his truck.

I roll my eyes. "Well, that's one way to ruin the mood," I say.

Cam chuckles and gives me a quick peck on the lips. "I'll talk to you later, honey."

I watch Cam pull away before I go inside. I walk into my room and plop down on the bed. What a day this has been.