Chapter 12

Alison drives us over to Rily and Cam's house. Rily opens the door for us and engulfs Alison in his arms for a giant bear hug. I smile and greet Rily before Cam takes me up to his room.

I stare into Cam's eyes as we lay on his bed. He is stroking my hair and looking down at me.

"Ash told me you're staying at Alison's, but he wouldn't tell me why." he says quietly.

"We got into a fight and I don't want anything to do with him right now." I explain

"What was the fight about?"

I debate what to tell him. I don't want to upset him, but I don't want to lie to him either.

I recap the story to Cam of what happened that night after he dropped me off. His hand stops stroking my hair and he get this weird look in his eyes. If I didn't know any better I would say he is jealous.

Before he can respond to any of that there is a knock on his door. Rily pushes the door open, "We're gonna watch The Wicked. Do you guys want to watch it with us?"

"Yeah man. That sounds good." Cam answers for both of us.

We make our way downstairs and see Alison laying a bunch of blankets and pillows down on the floor in front of the TV. Rily walks in from the kitchen carrying two bowls of popcorn. We settle down on the pile of blankets. Cam wraps his arm around me and sets one of the popcorn bowls down in his lap.

I try to focus on the movie, but my thoughts keep drifting to Ash. Why the hell does he have to be such an ass? He has never treated me this way before. He has always been the one I have gone to whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on. Now it's like I don't even know him any more. I want the old Ash back. The Ash that would drop anything to make sure I was okay. The Ash that I used to spend hour after hour talking to about nothing and everything. I want my best friend back.

I wake up wrapped in a pair of strong arms. Momentarily confused, I look around at the the walls and realize I'm in Cam's bedroom.

I look over at the digital clock on his nightstand and see that it is ten thirty am. Shit! I need to get ready for work!

I try to get out of bed, but Cam's arm tightens around me. I shake him until he wakes up.

"Wha?" he mumbles.

"Baby I need to get ready for work." I tell him.

He pulls me closer, "Nope. Call your boss and tell him you've been kidnapped for the day."

I roll my eyes and smile, "I can't do that."

"Fine, then just call in sick." he says.

I'm about to protest when Cam leans over and kisses me senseless. He pulls back and smiles down at me, "come on baby, it will be fun." he whispers persuasively.

I reach for my cell phone that I left lying on the nightstand and dial my boss' number. Cam smiles triumphantly and calls in sick himself.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask him

"Well I'm going to take you out for breakfast then we can spend the day doing whatever you want," Cam jumps out of bed, "but first I'm gonna take a shower. Care to join me?" he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"Haha, I'll pass, but you can take me home before we go out so I can grab some clean clothes." I tell him.

Cam kisses me then walks out of his room to jump into the shower.

Fresh out of the shower and now in a clean pair of clothes I walk out into my living room and lean against the wall to listen to Cam argue with whoever he is on the phone with.

"Fuck you! You're just pissed off 'cause I'm with her and you're not." Cam growls.

I wonder who he's talking to. He sounds really angry.

"I swear to God, you say one more thing about that night I will kic-" Cam notices me and immediately hangs up his phone, "hey honey. You ready to go?"

I decide not to press the issue since he obviously doesn't want to talk about it so I just nod and smile at him.

We walk out to Cam's car and let the music fill the silence on our drive to Denny's.

We talk and joke all through breakfast, never once bringing up his phone call no matter how badly I want to know who was on the other end.

After breakfast Cam drives us back to his house and we decide to lock ourselves in his room and have a movie marathon.

Half way through the fifth movie we have playing my phone begins to go off. Cam grabs my phone off the dresser and glances at the screen. He tenses up and his eyes harden before he hands me my cell. Confused by his response I check my phone and see Ash's name flashing. I ignore his call and lean across Cam to put it back on the nightstand.

"Are you okay?" I ask Cam.

"I'm fine." He snaps. I pull away from him a bit and stare down at him. Cam has never snapped at me before.

He sighs and runs a hand down his face, "I'm sorry sweetheart. I'm just not on the best of terms with Ash right now."

"How come?"

He shrugs, "It's a guy thing. Nothing you need to worry about."

I don't say anything as Cam pulls me into his arms and resumes the movie.

A guy thing? Seriously? What happened between them that suddenly they are 'not on the best of terms'? I'm sure Cam will tell me later.

I snuggle closer to Cam and watch the movie.