Chapter 3

Knock. Knock.

"Go away!" I shout to whoever is on the other side of my door.

Jason pushes my door open and come in, sitting down next to me on ym bed. I knew I should have locked my door.

"What's going on Sammy? You haven't come out of your room since yesterday. You wont eat anything. You're playing nothing but depressing music. Are really that upset over Cole? I mean I have never seen you let a guy effect you like this."

"How do you know about Cole?" I ask, ignoring everything else he just said to me.

"Ash told me."

I sigh, "I'm not upset over Cole. I could honastly care less about the cheating bastard."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just not feeling well." It's not a complete lie. I really don't feel well. I feel like my hearts been ripped out of my chest and torn to shreds right in front of my face.

"Are you going to be up for dinner? I know Ash really wants you to meet Rachel." He says, not relizing the pain that causes me.

"Yeah."

Jason nods. After a few more moments of staring at me Jason gets up and leaves my room.

I relize my brother is right about one thing, I never let guys effect me like this. So why am I letting Ash have this much power over me? And why does he want me to meet his new girlfriend? Does he just want to hurt me more? Is this all some big joke to him? No, I'm being rediculous. Ash would never intentionally hurt me.

Knock. Knock.

"What!?" I shout.

"Come out to the living room. Rachel is here." my brother shouts back.

Oh joy. Not really caring about impressing Ash's new skank I don't bother to change out of my fat pants and muscle shirt. I twist my hair up into a messy clip and walk slowly out to the living room.

I walk into the living room and stay quiet as Ash introduces us. Rachel is about five foot four with shoulder lenght bright red hair and dull green eyes. Judging by the short green cocktail dress she is wearing and the make-up she has caked on her face my skank remark was not to far off.

"It's nice to meet you Samantha. I've heard a lot about you." Rachel says.

"Funny 'Cause I haven't heard a single thing about you." I reply in a bored tone.

"Sammy!" Ash hisses at me with a look that clearly says to be nice. Yeah like that's gonna happen.

"Well it's true." I say to him.

Ash glares at me. I ignore him and sit down on the recliner. I grab the remote off the coffee table and turn on the t.v. I flip through the channles, deciding on Family Guy. I do my best to focous on the show and ignore the chatting going on in the background.

Half way through the show Rachel excuses herself to use the restroom and Ash sets into me.

"What the hell is your problem? You're being rude." he snaps.

"No one said I had to be nice or pleasant to her. I met her that should be good enough."

"Well I'm telling you now Sammy. Be nice to her."

"That sounds like a threat Ash." I mock him.

"Quit being such a bitch!" he hisses.

"Hey! Don't talk to my sister that way man." Jason jumps in.

"Sorry." Ash says to him.

Jason turns to me, "Could you please try to be nice Sammy. Ash really likes Rachel and this is important to him."

I don't say anything to him. I turn my attention back to the t.v. right as Rachel comes back into the room. The chatting starts right back up and despite my brother asking me to be nice I continue to ignore them.

Jason suggests that I cook dinner and I eagerly accept. Anything to get me out of that room. I pull the chicken out of the freezer and defrost it as I gather up basil, a leamon, some garlic, sale and pepper and some potatoes. I wash and chopp up the potatoes then pread them out in two pans. I sprinkle the basil, garlic, salt and pepper all over the chicken then add some leamon juice to the chicken. I place the chicken in both pans then pop them both into the oven. I get to work on a salad and once that is done I set the table.

I don't bother to go back in the living room. I sit on the kitchen counter, waiting for the chiken and potatoes to be done.

About half an hour later the oven dings and I take the two pans out. I let them sit and cool as I add salad to the four bowls I have sitting on the table. I add chicken and potatoes to all four plates then call everyone in the kitchen.

"Wow this looks amazing Sammy." Jason says as he sits down at the table. I take a seat next to him while Ash sits down on my other side and Rachel sits across from Ash.

"Thank you." I say with a small smile flashed at him.

Everyone digs into their plates and I recive compliments on how good the food taste. I politely thank them, but other than that don't participate in any of the conversation. I pick at my food, not rally in the mood to eat. Jason notices and nudges me, "Are you okay?" he whispers to me.

"I'm still not feeling well." I whisper back.

Jason places the back of his hand against my forehead then my cheeks, "You're not running a fever" he mumbles to himself.

"I'll be fine Jason. I just need to go lay down."

He looks at me skeptically at first then gives in. I excuse myself from dinner and walk back to my room. I lock the door behind me then lay down on my bed, hugging one of my fluffy pillows to my chest. I burry my face in the pillow and cry myself to sleep.