Book 2 chapter 10

Darcy's POV.....

I stood beside Sebastian and Ciel, they were working on a cure for Ember using the remaining poison. "There." Sebastian finally said.

He held up a vile of light purple liquid, he had used the remainder of the poison to make an anti poison. I grabbed the vile from his hand and filled a syringe with the liquid.

I turned away from the table and headed for Ember my heart racing "This has to work." I whispered.

Ciel and Sebastian gathered around and watched as I injected the liquid into the bend of her elbow. The veins in her arm began to turn from black to normal again and I breathed a sigh of relief. Her eye lids twitched slightly but didn't open. "Why didn't it work?" Ciel demanded.

"It will, just give her time." Sebastian assured him.

Ciel took a seat at the end of her bed and narrowed his eye. "You guys should get some rest, I'll stay here with her and wake you if something happens." Ciel said.

He was worried even if he didn't want to admit it. I'd never seen him so broken down about something. "Alright." I replied curtly and.

Ciel's POV...,

I sat on the edge of Embers bed. My eye lids were half closed and I could scarcely stay awake, but I didn't dare sleep in case something happened to Ember. She was so still it scared me, she barely even breathed. Almost six hours had past and I had not moved from my position. I glanced over to her and saw her eyes move under the lids.

"Ember?" I whispered.

Her eyes shot open and I jumped at the suddenness. Her green eyes surged with a red glow, as she blinked. She slowly turned her head toward me and her eyes locked with mine. "Ciel." She said faintly.

"You're.....okay." I whispered. "She's okay!" I yelled loud enough for the others to hear as I rushed to her side.

She looked dazed and slightly surprised. Sebastian and Darcy entered the room and let out sighs of relief when they saw her.

Darcy's POV....

I looked into embers eyes and my breath caught in my throat. "She changed." Sebastian whispered.

"What do you mean she's fine." Ciel insisted.

Sebastian approached ember and leaned down to study her. "Just as I thought." He concluded.

"What? What's wrong?" Ciel demanded.

"The poison strengthened her powers, because I had to use some of my blood to activate her healing process." Sebastian replied.

"Is that bad?" Ciel asked worried.

"Not at all, she will be stronger than ever." Sebastian chuckled."though it may take time for her to learn to use her powers."

"Why isn't she talking?" Ciel questioned.

"Its part of her healing process, she is in a trance she won't be able to speak for a while now." Sebastian said.

"But...she said my name." Ciel whispered, confused.

Sebastian's eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly in shock before he began to chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?" Ciel asked.

"It seems even in a trance she knows when you're near her." Sebastian said softly.

I smiled I knew he was the one for her.

Thought we should update before you all hunted us down :)