Chapter 14

Darcy's POV.....

I stood with my heeled foot holdng him down by the neck. "Get him up." Alpha said.

I grabbed his collar and yanked him to his feet, my hand still on the collar. "What do you know of this man?"She asked and held up the picture.

I saw Ciel and Sebastian behind her. "She adjusted well to solving crimes." I heard Ciel whisper.

"Indeed." Sebastian agreed.

"I..I don't know anything, please don't hurt me." The man pleaded.

The sight of someone so weak made me sick and I wished for nothing more than to bash his head into the wall, but I stood still and awaited my Alpha's order. Alpha paced slowly towards him, though he was much taller than she was, she was very intimidating. She flashed me a look and I kicked his stomach and made him fall to his knees.

She grabbed his hair and made him look her in the eyes. "Now you have two choices, tell me everything, or... You will never see the light of day again." She hissed.

He looked at her and didn't say a word. She nodded and I struck him across the face with the tip of my foot. He fell and blood oozed from the cut on his cheek. Alpha grabbed his collar and picked him up once more. "Spill it!" She roared.

"Okay! I did it! I had to! He said if I didn't he would kill them, my whole family! And he said if I told anyone he still would!" He screamed.

"Why did he want them dead?" Alpha asked.

"They watched his daughter as a bunch of the thieves killed her! And hey didn't help, he wants revenge , and he will get it!"He replied, his eyes wide and he looked one step from insane.

"Who is he?" She asked.

"I won't tell you!" He screamed.

He grabbed a knife from his pocket and sliced his throat, blood oozed from the open wound. I grabbed his neck and put pressure on it to keep him alive moments longer. "For you family." I said.

"Micheal Anderson....."he gasped and coughed before falling backwards and taking his last breath.

I stood, my hand dripping with his blood. Alpha walked over to his dead body and crouched beside him. She glided her hands over his eyes, closing them. "Thank you." She said simply and got to her feet and walked out of the building.

I stepped to follow her, Ciel's face was stricken with shock. "He didn't deserve to die, he was driven to kill for the sake of his family." I said.

Ciel nodded and Sebastian grabbed my bloody hand, pulled out a square of fabric and cleaned the blood from my hand. "A proper maid always keeps her hands clean." He said simply.

"Thank you" I replied as he finished. I walked outside with them behind me. I spotted Alpha sitting on a large rock in the walkway, she was looking in the files and her face was grim. "What is it?" Ciel asked.

"I know Micheal, and I was also there when his daughter died. We killed the thieves responsible but it wasn't enough for him." She spat angrily.

I remember that night all to well. It was cold and windy, making everything feel more eerie, and frighting. A girl walked down the streets, her heels clicking as they made contact with the pavement. She was beautiful, with long blond hair and bright blue eyes she was the perfect choice for any thief. She was wealthy, her black and grey frilly dress said that much, with a happy life and a great family she had her whole life planned out. Unfortunately, this night would be her last. Three men, who are now six feet under ground, who where dunk, stood outside a bar on that fateful night. They watched as the girl walked past, then father down the road, not even noticing how the men got up shortly after and began to follow. Then, it began. One of the men grabbed the girl from an alleyway he had been waiting for her in, as she passed by. He threw her onto the cold, hard ground. the men stood around her, the girl looking at all of them with fear, tears welling up in her eyes. It was pitiful. They grabbed her and took everything they could that would be worth any money. Rings, necklaces, jewelry, money, even her shoes, luckily they left her clothed, only because her dress had now become torn, stained and dirty and was most likely worth nothing anymore. She screamed and pleaded for them to stop, for someone to help her. But no one came, she was alone, scared. One of the men flicked out a knife from his pant pocket, the small blade gleaming in the moonlight. The girl screamed louder than ever before, pleading and begging for them not to do what she knew was going to happen. Without listening, he pushed the blade into her chest, her screaming ceased and she layed still on the ground, twitching. In her moment of calmness, her eyes looked around, as if there was still some hope that could save her. In that moment, she saw us. Watching her from above, standing atop the roof of the building that made one side of the alleyway. Her eyes pleaded for us to save her, but it was too late, she was gone. Now a dead lifeless body, laying on the ground, no one knew of her death other than my Alpha, the three thieves and I. Alpha neared the edge of the roof, and jumped down onto the pavement, her cloak flaring out behind her as she landed in a crouched position, one knee on the ground as if she where kneeling.

"Now that wasn't very nice. Now was it?" She asked, her voice slow and dragged out, making the men fear her. She gave a low chuckle, her head dropping. She lifted up her head slightly, so only a bit of the bright moonlight hit her eyes as she stared at them, the rest of her face shadowed by the hood. "Bad kids have to be punished. Don't they?"

" I knew he would do something bad after how strange he had been acting. But I never thought a shy man like him would order someone to kill them." I said.

"Me neither, let's go. The sooner we finish this case the better." She said. She was very angry I could tell by the way she was walking, her shoulders tense and her footsteps more forceful.

I nodded and helped her into the carriage.

Thanks for reading!