Chapter 15

Ember's POV......

The carriage hit another small rock once again, making the whole thing wobble slightly before it leveled itself out more. Ciel sat across from me, his gloved hand under his chin and his blue eyes gazing lazily out the window, watching as the dull red sun came up over the horizon.

"You look exhausted young lord, take a rest, I shall wake you up when we arrive." Sebastian said, looking over at his master from his seat across Darcy.

"I'll be fine." Ciel snapped, not bothering himself enough to look over at Sebastian. Sebastian gave a short sigh but turned away from Ciel and looked out the window.

The carriage was silent and awkward, getting on my nerves easily, I hated awkward silence.

"Where are we going?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

Ciel gave me a short glance "The Undertaker."

"The Under-what?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

"He is a friend of ours that was a Grimm Reaper." That was all the answer i got from Ciel. I sighed and decided to give up the idea of getting any answers.

-------

The carriage pulled to a stop in front of a small eerie building, my eyes widened slightly, I remember this place... I had stayed in the alleyway next to it the night when those men attacked me when I tried to steal one of their pouches of money, before I met Darcy. Ciel and Sebastian led the way inside, going through the dark wood doors that had a large overhang.

Darcy and I followed them in silently, our eyes taking everything in. Shelves took place in different spots along the dark green walls, filled to the brim with bottle of unknown substances. What I assumed where empty coffins where placed throughout the building, but I did not know what purpose they served.

A large desk was only a few feet from the door, and behind it was a man with very long white hair that went down to his waist, his hands had rings looped around his pale fingers and his long fingernails where coated in a shade of black. Atop his head was a black top hat, it had a large amount of extra fabric coming from the top and the cloth flopped over and dropped down alongside his large baggy coat the matched his hat in color, it covered his entire body, his black shoes could just barely be seen poking from under the faric. Across his face I could barely make out the edge of a scar that ran diagonally across his cheek, the the bridge of his nose and disappeared under his hair.

He greeted us with a cheerful voice and a creepy smile, one I had seen before when he had come outside to ask me why I was in the alleyway.
"Ah, Ciel and Sebastian, what bring you here, and with these two lovely ladies I might add." During the last part he leaned over to look at us, his smile widening the slightest bit

"This is Ember and Darcy, they are staying with us for a while, and also helping out on cases when needed. We are here for some information on a man named Micheal Anderson ." Sebastian answered.

The Undertaker nodded his head, having a slight humming noise. "Ok, but first. You have to tell me a joke!"

Darcy and I both where confused, but we kept blank face and stood waiting. Sebastian stood, thinking about what I assumed a good joke would be, when Darcy stopped forward and whispered something into the under takers ear. Whatever she said made him loose it. He began to laugh loudly, laying his head on top of the table as he banged his fist onto it in the fits of his hysteria. Sebastian looked at Darcy surprised and she gave him a sly smirk in return, I chuckled lightly with caught Cielo attention. I looked at him and he looked away quickly as we made eye contact.

'What was that about?' I asked myself quietly. Before I could dwell on it any further the Undertaker walked over with a grey folder in his hand. He began to rummage though the papers that lay inside, his fingernails not once getting caught on the documents. He stopped and pulled out one of the papers. He set down the folder and held the paper out to Sebastian, who took it and began to read it over.

"Thank you, we must be leaving now" Sebastian handed the paper back to the Undertaker, who put it back in its folder and then placed it under his desk.

Ciel turned to leave along with Sebastian and Darcy and I began to follow when the Undertaker's voice stopped us all in out tracks.

"Ember! Your that girl from a long time ago, am I right?" He asked me, not as cheerful as before.

I turned to him with wide eyes, surprised he still remembered me, I nodded and he looked and me with a wide smile on his face once more.

"I'm glad you made it." He told me and I nodded once more.

With that I turned back to Ciel and Sebastian, who looked confused but still left the shop no the less, Darcy and I following.

Thanks for reading!