Chapter 18

Ember's POV.....

Ciel and I sat in the forest where Darcy and Sebastian had left us, both of us making small talk. We talked over food, things like sweets and tea where brought up more than once considering my love for them. He liked them as well, but preferred Earl Grey tea. When I had told him I had never had tea, he had suddenly told me he would let me try it as soon as we got back to the mansion.

We where on the topic of types of cakes when the rustling of a bush nearby sounded throughout the trees. The smell of the red berries covered the smell of whatever was in the plant, making my smell in this situation useless. Both of us went silent, not knowing what was on the other side of the thick plant. We waited, the air seemed to grow thick with anticipation, us both fearfully, and eagerly awaiting what ever was only a few feet away from us, concealing itself in the darkness. 

Both of us watched as the bush shook once more, then, as fast as lightning, a white rabbit hopped from the bush and made its way across the area we where sitting in. Both of us let out a small breath of relief, but that relief did not last long.

"Scared of a rabbit are we?" A taunting voice called as a boy with rich blond hair and blue eyes stepped past a tree and into our sight. He was accompanied by a man of tall stature, with black eyes and yellow orbs, a small set of glasses rested on the bridge of his nose. Both were dressed in a suit and looked much like a noble.

Ciel glared at them, the boy mostly with a burning hatred in his eyes.

"Aww, Ciel don't be like that! Oh!" he exclaimed when his eyes landed on me "who is this?" Ciel remained silent and the blond pouted , much like a child would when he couldn't get a cookie.

The blonde made his way over towards me, the other man following not to far behind. I stood up to not appear to be weak, and stood proud as he made his way towards me. Once he was close, about a few inches from my person, he looked me up and down, blatantly scanning me.

"You are short, shorter than Ciel! And why do you wear a hood?" As he asked the question his hand slipped under my chin, trying to find my eyes but they where hidden my the shadow of my hood.

His other hand reached up for my hood but I ripped myself away before he could come close. This seemed to make him angry, as he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration.

"Claude!" He yelled towards the other man, who I now know as 'Claude'.

Suddenly I was wrapped in two large arms, both my hands trapped under his and he held me securely from behind. I thrashed and struggled in his arms but it seemed to be of no use as he only made his hold tighter on me.

The blonde reached up his hand, and just about when he was about to grab my hood a yell of anger sounded.

"Stop!!!" I stopped my struggling and the boy stopped moving his hand and we both turned to look at a fuming Ciel. He was standing with his shoulders tight and his eyes gave a death glare to the boy. "Alois, let her go." 

The boy, 'Alois' sighed unhappily, and turned to Claude. I saw a small sliver of hope in Ciel's eyes.

But, instead of ordering the raven haired man to let go of me, and did the opposite. He moved his hand towards my hood once more, and just as he gripped the fabric and began to pull, the arms that where around me disappear and I quickly took my chance and slipped away.

I looked over to see Darcy on top of the man, pinning him down with hatred in her eyes. Claude struggled to get up but could not fight her strength, for she had the upper hand in this fight.

"Darcy, go with Ember, we will take care of these here." Sebastian said, standing by Ciel angrily, Ciel still a bit angry himself. The fact that he got so upset was mind boggling to me, I could not seem to understand why he had reacted that way, he always seemed to be one to keep him composure.

Darcy nodded at his words and stepped off him. Claude ran over to Alois, who seemed amused by the dire situation that they where in. All of us stood in silence, waiting for a brief moment to see who would make the first move, to be the first to act.

After a long period of silence, Ciel suddenly yelled out 'Go Sebastian!', and as he charged for the boy and his, who I assumed was his demon, Darcy and I ran off into the trees. We weaved through the large branches, jumping over fallen logs and bushes of thorns that littered the forest floor, the wind from our intense speed blew back my hood but I paid no mind and continued to run.

Once we finally broke through the edge of the forest and continued to run, I was getting out of breath but Darcy was fine, we only made it a little ways away before three boys, identical in looks with purple colored hair, brown eyes and matching tan colored suits stopped in front of us, making us dig our feet into the forest floor in a quick moment of stopping.

"Look, one of them is a wolf..." 

Thanks for reading!