gender reveal Pt. 2 (chapter 10)

(Wednesday: Two days before Christmas)

*Maya's POV*

It's Wednesday morning and I'm 18 weeks pregnant. I have my doctor's appointment that depending on how the baby is positioned we can possibly find out the gender. We are in the car on our way to the doctor's appointment. "So what are you hoping the baby will be?" I ask Lucas. "Personally I'm hoping for a little girl." He says. "What do you want the baby to be?" "To be honest I really don't care as long as the baby comes out healthy. But I'm kind of hoping for a little boy that way when I hopefully have a daughter in the future she has a big brother to protect her from getting into trouble." "Yeah" Lucas says as we pull into the parking lot. Lucas parks the car and we head into the waiting room. After I check myself in I go sit down next to Lucas. "Hey so I was thinking about how we should do the gender reveal." I say resting my head on his shoulder.

" I say resting my head on his shoulder

"Oh yeah?" he asks. "Yeah and I think we should wait to find out with our family." I say "Maya what do you mean I thought you wanted to know as soon as possible?" he replies. "I do but I want to find out when all are friends and family find out. Which is why I want to find out on Christmas day along with all our friends since we will all be at the Matthew's anyway?" I say "okay I actually think that's a great idea but how are we going to do that?" he asks. "We simply say that we want to know the gender but we don't want to know until Christmas day." I say resting my head on his shoulder again. "Maya Hart" the nurse calls my name. Lucas and I get up and walk to the ultrasound room. I lift up my shirt revealing my belly. The nurse puts the cold gel on my stomach and I jump slightly. Lucas grabs my hand as the nurse starts to move the wand around. Soon the image of our baby's head appears on the screen. The nurse shows us all the fingers and toes. The eyes nose and mouth are able to be seen so clearly. "Are you finding out the gender?" the nurse asked. "We are but we don't want to find out today. We want to find out with all our friends and family on Christmas day" Lucas said. "Okay then if you two would look away from the screen I will take a look, print out the picture and put it in an envelope for you." She said. Lucas and I look away as she prints out the picture. "Okay here you go" she says handing me a small white envelope. Lucas and I leave to head home for a good night's sleep.

(Christmas Day)

*Maya's POV*

It's Christmas day and everyone is celebrating at the Matthew's apartment. We all gather around the tree to open presents. After we have opened all the presents, I pull the little white envelope out of my bag. "Okay so Maya and I have something to tell everyone." Lucas says getting everyone's attention. "Maya and I want to say thank you to everyone who has been so nice and accepting of our decision to raise our baby." He continues. "We have decided to find out the gender..." "But we want to find out with all of you." I interrupt. "The answer to the questions; is it a boy? Is it a girl? Is hidden here in this little white envelope" I say holding up the envelope. I slowly open the envelope and take out the ultrasound picture. Lucas and I share a look as I mouth the baby's name that we had decided on. "so what's the gender?" riley asks excitedly. "Well Lucas and I have actually picked out a name so we are going to tell you this baby's name." I answer. "Our baby's name will be Andrew Michael Friar." Lucas says smiling. "IT'S A BOY!!!!" Riley screams as she falls over the back of the couch, causing everyone to laugh.

Lucas kisses my forehead, as he pulls me into a hug. "Merry Christmas babe." he says. "Merry Christmas." Soon we are back at home. Lucas and I are sitting in bed watching the movie The Longest Ride. Soon we are both asleep.
------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone so I just want to say that I made a stupid mistake and I accidently deleted this chapter so I needed to completely retype it up. While I was typing my dog decided she wanted to lick my hands. My hands are no gross and slobbery. I am about to start writing my next chapter. Its going to be exciting! I can't wait!

Thanks everyone!

~Sammie