Trouble Comes Out To Play While The Parents Are Away

Zayn: 14 years old

Niall: 16 years old

Liam: 18 years old

With summer mode in full effect, it's easy to say that everyone is pretty relaxed at the moment. Zayn has now officially been a Tomlinson-Styles for about six months, and, especially for the boy, things have been going great. He ended his first year of high school with all A's as well as no more anxiety attacks...for the most part.

Obviously there were the stray moments where the boy would find himself going to Louis' classroom in between bells to get some reassurance, but it was nothing he took advantage of. No, instead the boy tried to always be able to calm himself down first, something he had been practicing with Dr. Samuels,before considering going to Louis' room.

But now that they were in summer everything just seemed so much better. No one had to worry about waking up early. Or worry about dealing with a couple idiots who still enjoyed picking on Zayn. Or anything really...they were just relaxed. Which is exactly why Harry and Louis decided that it would be okay if the two of them went on a short couple's holiday along with Lou and her husband, Simon and his wife, and 5SOS and their girlfriends.

"No party bigger than twenty people," Louis said with a stern voice and face as he looked at his two older sons.

"And that means twenty in total, not twenty each," Harry added.

"Dad, we know! You've been telling us this for the past week, and trust us we're not throwing anything big," Liam says in an exasperated manner. "I'm having about seven friends come over to hang out by the pool during the day and then we're gonna watch a movie at night. They'll probably sleep over."

Louis and Harry nod in approval before turning to Niall who rolls his eyes.

"I am having about five friends meet here, but then we're going to Alec's place for his day jam before coming back here at night. Some may stay the night, but probably not everyone," Niall says, and once again the fathers nod.

"That better be what happens," Louis says once again before sighing. "I'm gonna go wake Zayn up so we can talk to him a bit before we leave in an hour."

Harry along with the boys nod their heads as Louis begins to climb his way up the stairs. As the older man began to approach the youngest member of the house's room he couldn't help but think about how much their little boy has grown. Just a couple months ago the thought of leaving him home alone with Liam and Niall was laughable, but now it seemed reasonable.

Upon entering his room, however, that thought slowly started to disappear. Louis could almost instantly smell the distinct smell of sick in the room as well as harsh coughs leaving Zayn's lips. For a minute Louis is completely still, but the minute Zayn let's out another cough Louis immediately rushes over to the boy.

"Baby, oh, baby, you're burning up," Louis coos as he feels the boy's forehead while rubbing his back.

"Daddy?" Zayn whimpers as he lets out another small cough.

"Oh, baby, when'd you start feeling sick, huh? You were fine last night weren't you?" Louis questions as he gently lifts the boy up to place him on his own lap.

"Woke up 'while ago, got sick in bin," Zayn mumbles as he presses his hot head into Louis' chest all the while shivering.

Louis continued to coo as he gently bounced the boy up and down for a few minutes before lifting him up onto his hip and carried him back downstairs where the rest of the house members were just sitting around.

"Trips canceled, Harry call Simon and tell him not to pick us up," Louis says as he gets downstairs and immediately makes his way towards the kitchen.