Caught In The Act

Zayn: 14 years old

Niall: 16 years old

Liam: 18 years old

"Stop shaking," Niall said in an annoyed manner as he sat next to Zayn on the bench.

"M'not shaking," Zayn immediately retorted but Niall just rose a brow as he placed his hand onto Zayn's knee to make it stop bouncing.

At the action Zayn blushed and looked down which caused Niall to laugh, but nonetheless say nothing in return. It's unintentional really...the nerves that is. It's just today's the first time Danny will be coming over to Zayn's house alone in a while. He knows, or rather he's learned, that he doesn't have to be scared to hangout with Danny as more than just friends, but for some reason his body is still on edge.

Zayn's thoughts remained on the situation until Louis, who was now also acting as his club football coach, called him to sub into the game to which his thoughts were quick to switch over to that. They managed to win the game with ease, barely breaking a sweat throughout their time on the field. Once the game was over Louis gave everyone a job to take something in as well as had a small team huddle to congratulate them and what not before they were finally dismissed.

"Zayn, Danny's waiting over with Papa and Liam. Once you're done with everything you can go meet up with them," Louis said as he kissed the boy's forehead before allowing him to continue on walking towards the supply closet to drop off the footballs.

Zayn nodded his head as he quickly ran towards the shack to put the balls away, and once that was done he ran right back over to where he saw Liam standing, however, no Danny.

"Where- where's Danny?" Zayn asked, disappointment lacing his tone.

"Relax, he went to the bathroom. He didn't leave," Liam said with a small smirk as he ruffled up Zayn's hair.

"I wasn't nervous, I was just asking," Zayn retorts again and Liam can only chuckle the same way Niall had done before.

Liam was going to say something in return, however, before he could get a word out Zayn met eyes with Danny and the boy was quick to run over to him so they could get going. Eventually Louis and Niall met up with the rest of the family and the six were quick to make their way over to the car. It was a rather quiet ride, only Danny telling Zayn he played well and Liam talking Niall slightly before Louis pulled up in front of another house.

"Bye Dad, bye Papa. I'll see you guys tomorrow morning," Niall said as he climbed out of the car.

Louis and Harry waved towards the blonde boy as he ran towards the front door of the house before continuing on to another house, however, this time instead of someone leaving someone joined.

"Hey Sophia," Liam said as he placed a small kiss to his girlfriend's lips.

"Hey, babe," Sophia said as she returned the kiss, before waving towards Zayn who was seated in the back row. "Are we having a triple date tonight?"

"We're not dating!"

"We're not together," Zayn and Danny both said at the same time which caused not only Sophia and Liam to laugh but also Louis and Harry.

From there the six finally managed to make it back to the Tomlinson-Styles' residence where Liam and Sophia were quick to take over the sofa in the family room for a movie. Not exactly having planned something to do, Zayn led Danny outside where the two sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes before Danny decided to speak up for the two of them.

"Why are you so nervous?" Danny asks with a soft smile that causes Zayn to only groan.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?! M'not nervous," Zayn exclaimed as he sat down on the trampoline and covered his face with his hands.