Chapter Twenty Six

The next morning it was hard for both Louis and Harry to get up. Though Louis was obviously closer with the boy, considering they spend all school day with him and then have football practice, but Harry cares and loves him just as much as Louis does. Since he first held Zayn in the police station after he had just moved in with them he knew Zayn was meant to be his son. So the two adults lingered in their bed for a bit longer before finally deciding to get up and make sure everyone eats before school.

The drive is tense and everyone can feel it. Louis is trying to play it off as nothing but the bags under his eyes and Zayn's more nervous than normal expression quickly tell Liam and Niall that something is indeed wrong. However, for the time being they decide not to ask and instead just go on with their tense car ride to school.

Once they arrived at the building Zayn contemplated rushing off to find his friends to avoid any more encounters, but then he realized Louis is still his homeroom teacher so there's really no point in doing that. So instead Niall and Liam wish their dad and Zayn goodbye as they walk off to find their friends while Zayn stays behind with Louis who just gives the boy a sad smile.

"Are- are you mad at me?" Zayn asks quietly as the two enter the classroom, them being the first ones there as usual.

"Wha- Zayn no. I could never be mad at you about something you feel is best. I'm just sad, s'all, I'm not gonna have anyone to willingly snuggle with me on the couch anymore during our movie marathons," Louis attempted to joke and Zayn even smiled a bit but spoke no words.

Zayn goes through his first few morning classes in haze. He tries to focus on what the teacher was saying but his mind kept drifting and eventually he just had to put his head down, which normally teachers scold students on but everyone knows Zayn's case now and they know sometimes he can't hear over his thoughts. As Zayn's morning classes finish up, Louis guides the boy over to his car in order for them to meet at the little cafe not too far from the school where everyone was already waiting.

"Afternoon, sorry I had to talk to Higgins," Louis greets while taking a seat and Zayn followed. Louis goes to speak again before he notices an unfamiliar face at the table. "Sorry we haven't met, Louis Tomlinson-Styles," Louis says while extending his hand out for the man to shake.

"Stephen Fitz, nice to meet you," the man now known as Stephen spoke.

"Louis, Harry this is the man Zayn will be living with after this evening. He used to run a group home for abused boys, but just a couple months ago the last of his once six boys graduated high school and went off to college. Recently he hasn't been taking any boys in, still trying to cope that his kids have grown up and turned into very nice gentlemen if I do say so myself, but after much convincing from myself and his boys he has decided to once again open his home.

"I feel like it's a perfect fit for Zayn which is why I moved him into this home right when I saw it was running again. Now Zayn, for the time being it'll only be you and Mr. Fitz, however, as time goes on more boys may move into the house and they've all gone through similar situations to yours. Currently you're at the youngest age that can live in his house so everyone that enters will probably be older than you," Lou says and Zayn just nods his head, so Lou turns back to Harry and Louis who are both frowning.

"As for you two, Stephen has agreed that since he knows how hard it is to lose someone after building such a strong bond with them, that he will allow Zayn to visit you guys whenever he wants and he was even wondering if a couple times a week one of you could drop him off."

"I work in a law firm downtown and sometimes when I get off a bit later the traffic is horrid, and I wouldn't want to leave the boy stranded at the football field while I try to rush to pick him up," Stephen quickly says to clarify why Zayn would need dropping off.