Boys Will Be Boys

Zayn: 14 years old

Niall: 16 years old

Liam: 18 years old

"Boys hurry up! I will leave you here," Louis shouts up the stairs.

It is currently six in the morning two days before Christmas, and the Tomlinson-Styles family are set to be going on a road trip to Doncaster to visit Louis' family for his birthday as well as the holidays. No one knows for sure why they decided to leave so early, but seeing as though Louis was already up and ready to go he was gonna make sure the rest of the family was the same.

"Good! Maybe I can get some sleep then!" Liam shouts back down but nonetheless walks down the stairs not even a minute later with his bag in tote.

"Go help your papa put the bags in the trunk. Tell him I'll be out in five minutes," Louis says as he kisses the boy good morning before going back upstairs to get his two straggling boys. "Niall, you ready, snowflake?" Louis asks as he pops his head into the boy's room.

"Yeah, was just looking for my headphones," Niall says simply as he grabs his bag, and Louis nods before making his way over to Zayn's room.

The boy had been adopted by the Tomlinson-Styles for about three weeks now, and though some things were still going rough overall he was transitioning well. On more than one occasion Louis and Harry have found themselves going to the boy's room in the middle of the night to check on him only to end up spending the rest of the night there because they find him having a nightmare.

So as Louis approaches the youngest boy's room he gently knocks on the door to see if Zayn is done getting ready only to set eyes on a fully dressed Zayn once again asleep on his bed. Chuckling softly to himself, Louis walks over to the boy and begins to rub small circles on his back.

"Baby, wake up. C'mon it's time to go, love," Louis cooed as he then brushed the hair from the boy's face. It took a few moments but finally Zayn opened his eyes only to blush and turn his head into bed a second later. "Morning, sleepy head, c'mon let's get down to the car so you can go back to sleep."

When Zayn nods Louis is quick to help him to his feet as he grabs ahold of the boy's bag and hand before leading him downstairs. He throws the last two bags in the trunk of the car as Zayn situates himself in his seat before jumping into the passenger seat.

"Here we come Doncaster," Harry says with a smile as he begins to drive the car away from the house.

With the three boys in the back seat quickly falling asleep, Louis and Harry were able to enjoy the first hour and a half of the drive in a peaceful silence. The two enjoyed the soft humming of the radio while sipping from their to go cups of tea as the watched the city atmosphere turn to one of trees and open land. However, all good things must come to an end.

Niall was always one to toss in his sleep, so as he sat next to Liam, peacefully resting his head on the Zayn's shoulder, it came to no surprise when the boy accidentally kicked his leg out and successfully hit Liam's knee. Being a rather hard kick Liam wakes up in a heartbeat and clutches at his knee only to then see the culprit.

"You fucking wanker, stop kicking me," Liam huffed as he shoved Niall to be further from him only to then wake the boy up.

"What? Stop pushing me I'm trying to sleep," Niall mumbled as he tried to cuddle further into Zayn.

"Yeah so was I but then you kicked me," Liam retorted as he shoved Niall again.

"Stop shoving me."

"Then stop kicking me!"

"It was an accident-"

"Boys cut it out!" Louis exclaimed as he turned around to glare at the boys.