Chapter 18

Chapter 18

“Why did you take so long?” He askes me as I took off my shoes. Apparently his house had a  no shoes sign.

“I was at home. I forgot.” I replied.

“There must be more. Look at me Ellie.” I ignored him and walked down the hall to the room which loud noises were coming from. Before I could enter and greet everyone, I was pulled back into the hall.

“Look at me.” He repeated as he brought me away from the hall and into the kitchen. I looked at the things around him and spotted cookies. I ignored him. I could not go and say, I was all alone in the night with two guys who are like so trustworthy that I told them the truth of my life where my life is super miserable.

“Look at me Ellie,” He gripped my wrists tightly which made me flinch. My eyes darted to his. They were full of anger.

“What?”

“You have to answer me. Why were you late? I mean you are never late and you always remember anything. Did something happen?” His eyes softened.

“I do not have problems.” I lied. I know I should not be lying to a friend who is really close to me and even through me a party. i never thought I would be so close to anyone in a few days. He is amazing. He really is but I cannot tell him anything. I just cannot. It is too early. I still cannot get over the fact that I told Zayn and Louis and I know they will ask me more than a thousand times. I just do not want to remember the past. I am a person who wants to move on but there is that something that keeps pulling me back. It is hard, trust me.

“Then, why?” I have to tell him something.

“Well, after the party, Zayn and Louis came over to my house where my parents thanked them and welcomed them. You know how my parents are-”

“Drake? Ellie?” I heard someone yell. I guess it is Adriana. Drake gave me a displeased look as he he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the room which I assume is his.

We walked into the room and it was painted a pale red and a cream colour with black cupboards. It looked pretty nice and cosy. I just want to hit the bed and fall asleep. I looked over at Adrianna who was sitting on a chair and was flipping a pen around while Chase was sprawled on the ground.

Guess I’ll just deal with Drake later. I put my bag on the floor and was about to sit next to Drake on the bed but he gave me a look which made me sit on the floor. I look at him but he decides to avoid my gaze. What is his problem? If I cannot tell him, there must be a reason? Why is he acting so childish?

"Hey Ellie." Adrianna smiled at me while Chase smirked. She gave him an annoyed look. There is something going on between these two.

"What?" I asked with Drake in unison. He looked at me while I found the ground interesting.

"Nothing." Adrianna replied.

"What happened to the two of you? What happened in the hallway? I heard.." Chase was cut off by Adrianna covering his mouth and telling us that he had gone full on mad. Aren't we all?

“Nothing happened.” Drake mumbled and looked at the cardboard laying on his bed. We all looked at it. I tried to think of ideas but me did not even have materials to work with.

“Look,” I said, looking up at drake and continued,”We need to get materials and think of stuff.”

“”Why don’t you and Drake go get the stuff while I and Chase work on it.” Adrianna suggested.

“Uh. No. I think Chase may need some help with coming up with ideas so why don’t you come with me instead.” He winked at Adrianna. She nodded and picked up her jacket. He is a banana that is going to be a banana split. I am not good with insults.