Chapter 9

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 

― Dr. Seuss

*You wil get it when u read and see what happened with Ellie and 3 specific ppl. You know who. LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

First period, Geography -with Drake, was over and the next was art class. I ran out of the room and rushed for the next class. Why am I rushing you may ask? Simple. Mr Kane, our teacher, decided to release our class late, by 15 minutes. Guess why? Beacause he had to go to the toilet and apparently it was against the rule for us to release ourselves if the teacher wasn't present. So there we were waiting for Mr Kane to return. He took 25 minutes in the toilet! One does not simply stay 25 minutes in THIS school's toilet because its stench will make your eyes water and your digested meal to make a reappearance. Yes. that's not even the exaggeration.

We were late! Terribly late. Damn the art room for being at the opposite end of the school. Thankfully, quite a number of my geography classmates were in art too - including Drake. Now, I won't be punished alone. I mean...all for one one for all right?

I looked behind my back and realised Drake was right behind me. Me, being the fast runner I am, was leading the way while the others were simply jogging.

Once I reached the class, I was relieved that Ms Andrews wasn't in class yet. Did I forget to mention she always comes half-hour late? Yes? Well, u know now. She was a great art teacher and everything but coming on time for once wouldn't hurt right? I loved art. It was one of my favourite subjects since we did not have to study. Studying is hard work. With a capital "H".

I hurriedly slumped into my seat and took out my sketchbook. I opened to the newest page and just stared at it. I was brainstorming of ideas. I played with my pencil, thinking and thinking and thinking. At the corner of my eyes I saw drake staring at me like I was an alien. I turned to stare back at him like he was an alien. He chuckled and looked away. Mission-Make-Drake-Stop-Staring is now complete

Just then, Mdm Andrews walked into class. Panting. She was a short and stout woman at her late fifties. She has greying hair which reached her shoulders. Her hair was so neat and uniform, sometimes I stare at it in wonder.

"Sorry class! I was stopped by the receptionist at the General Office. Drake, there seems to be a call for you... Go to the General Office immediately." She choked out as she tried to regain her normal breathing rate. keyword: Tried.

Wait, call for Drake? For some reason I was curious to know who it was and what he/she wanted. I turned to look at Drake. He looked puzzled. "Probably wasn't expecting the call." I thought to myself. No shit sherlock. When I say I don't curse, words like shit, crap, dang and damn were an exception. They weren't that much of curses. They were curses...to those who were 5-year-olds. Certainly not me.

Drake got up from his seat and walked towards the door with his eyebrows furrowed, thinking about who the caller might be. Then suddenly, his eyes lit up. Seems like he realised who must've called him. I take it back. Maybe he was expecting the call. Either way, I was intrigued as to who was the caller.

"Be back soon, Drake. Meanwhile, using the element of art, being lines...." Mdm Andrews started the lesson. Soon, I was so into the lesson, I totally forgot about the mystery caller.

Drake's P.O.V

"Sorry class! I was stopped by the receptionist at the General Office. Drake, there seems to be a call for you... Go to the General Office immediately." Mdm andrews choked out. She was really out of breath. Well who could blame h- Wait...did she just say Drake? As in THE Drake Anderson, who so happened to be the handsome young man also known as me?