Chapter 15

“I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out.” 

― Ally Carter, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

******

Secrets almost spilling out leaves us with nothing but fear and shock. Panick is the next feeling that takes over the person and so, I panicked. They.. no one were supposed to know. I grabbed the letters and other letters and shoved them hurriedly into the box and slid them behind the pillows of my bed. The concealment was of no use of course... They already saw everything. Now, I’m sure they could hear the rapid thumping of my dear anxious heart. I glanced at them for a split second. They stood motionless as the not-so-silent tears continues to roll down her cheeks

"Ellie, are you ok?" The familiar voice said. No, of course I’m not okay. Do, I look okay to you?

He walked forward, to where the light shines on his facial features perfectly. Concern was etched all over his face.

I nodded my head. “Yea! What? Of course I’m fine! Nothing to worry about...n-nothing,” I lied through the fake smile I had plastered on my face. I’m sure they could see right through that smile, if you could even call it a smile.

He simply cocked his eyebrow. What? Stupid answer for stupid question. I looked down and fiddled with my fingers. As I do so, tears continue rolling down like a never ending flow of water. You know what? Maybe it is.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Silence engulfed us the two stared at me while I stared at my fingers.

“Well? Tell us what’s wrong! It can’t be nothing El!” He broke the silence, slightly agitated.

I said nothing. Stupid I know... Still I said nothing. I looked up from my fingers and met his gorgeous eyes. I blinked. Should I or should I not?

The other one, who had been standing at the doorway watching the scene unfold before him, moved. He walked past Zayn and sat down, right at my feet. I switched my gaze from Zayn to Louis. I sighed.

“Some things are just...personal...” I mumbled, shifting my focus back to my fingers.

"EllieBear...We just, we just want to help you!" Louis added, taking my cold hands in his warm, comforting ones. Help? I don’t need help! I probably need personal space... Not help!

"I...I don’t need h-help." I hiccuped out. I do trust them. I DO. They were great... Wonderful friends! But this is something personal which I’m not ready to tell my friends of what.. 3 day? They would think I’m a mental teenager. One who would need help. Then again. They could support me and lend me a shoulder to cry on...

“Well,” he paused, and looked at Zayn. Meeting my gaze again, he sighed. “When you asked me to be your brother Ellie, I thought you trusted me... and the other lads. I-i I guess not.” He sighed. He leaned over and wiped the last few tears leaking from my eyes. He looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes filled with sadness. I turned to look at Zayn as he sat on the bed, inches away from me. His beautiful big hazel eyes stared back at me with the same sadness. Why oh why were these two making it so hard for me!?

As a minute passed with complete silence, I mentally argued with myself, on whether I should or shouldn’t spill the beans.

The cons: They might think I am emotionally damaged girl. They might leave me and find cooler friends. Ones who won’t cry. I don’t think I wan- scratch that - I definitely do not want to lose the boys who made my 18th Birthday phenomenal.