Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One 

When we got to Florida, noting was right. It felt wrong to be back in Miami. School had already started and I knew that my life was never going to go back to normal.

The first business we had to take care of was Beau’s father. One the plane ride home he had finally decided he was ready to say goodbye. Today is his funeral.

Not only are we saying goodbye to his dad we are saying farewell to my parents and the Meyers’ as well.

Our house was burned to the ground along with all of our possessions. My parents were trapped inside the house and were burned along with it. Their headstones are alongside Beau’s father, Mr., and Mrs. Meyers

Beau’s arms were firmly wrapped around my waist and Hope was in his arms. Eli was clinging to me.

Reece and Jessica are interlocked beside us and I know that Reece is doing his best to comfort her.

“It is now that we take a moment of silence for those who we have lost,” said the minister.

The ground was silent only the rustle of the trees let us know that there was life on Earth.

As I wiped my eyes beau turned to me and said, “I love you more than anything in the world. In fact, you and these four kids are my world. We have gone through so much together and it has just made me love you even more. I understand that we haven’t been together long but with everything we have gone through I know that we can withstand everything together on way or another.” He stopped and looked down at his father’s grave.

My heart was fluttering. I was trying to hold back my sniffles. Reece now held Hope in his arms and Jessica had Eli by the shoulders. They all had smiles on their faces.

“Riannon, I love you and always will love you. I know this may not be the best place to do this or the most romantic but I couldn’t wait to do this and I felt it was right with our parents as our witnesses.” He pulled out a little while box with the Tiffany & Co symbol on it.

As he opened it, my heart went crazy as I saw a huge 18- carat blue oval sapphire ring. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

“Baby girl will you marry me?” he asked. I couldn’t speak. My lungs were on fire and my body was shaking.

“Did he just propose to me?” I kept asking myself over and over in my head.

I looked at Reece first who had a smile as big as Texas on his face. Jessica was smiling and crying at the same time. Both Eli and Hope were grinning ear to ear and nodding their heads.

“Yes, of course I will marry you,” I replied. Before I could take another breath, his arms were wrapped around my waist holding me close to him.

It was as if I was re-living the first kiss we shared; only this one was filled with love, passion, and kindness.