Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen  

Ri’s POV  

When we got out of the car and my heart was fluttering. This was going to be amazing. I have never shot anything before.  

My dad never let us did anything like this because he thought that they were dangerous and couldn’t do anything a simple explanation couldn’t do.  

Leave it to my dad to be the big negotiator in the family. What good did that do for him? He ended up dead.    

“Baby girl, are you ready,” asked Beau as he loaded his gun slowly so I could watch him and do the same to mine.  

Next, he slipped the paper into the clips and pushed the button. It shot backward.  

“Okay, now put your ear plugs and glasses on,” He told me. I took a step back and when he saw I was far enough away he clicked the safety off and fired.  

One…two…three…four  

They all hit the target right around the same spot. It was amazing how good he was at this.  

His face was beaming with excitement as he pulled the paper back in to reveal that his shots all would have gone through the person’s heart. I knew that he loved doing this but I had no idea that he was so good at it. I was glad that he was the one who taught me how to do it.  

I also wanted him to teach me some self defense to that if anymore sleaze balls tried to take advantage of me I could take them.  

“Wow, you’re really good at this,” I said standing there with my mouth hanging open like a buffoon. He laughed at me because apparently I had made a funny face.  

“Well, my father was a trained officer. He was the one who taught me how to shoot. Are you ready to give it a try,” he asked and I was excited as ever. I wanted to learn how to shoot more than anything now. It was something that Beau and I could have in common to do together.  

If I liked it enough I might even have him buy me my very own gun.  

“You do it like this.” he pushed the button and the paper went back to the place he shot at. “Just stand with your legs apart and shoulders strong,” he adjusted my posture. I felt tingly as he rubbed his hands along my hips to adjust me to the right posture.  

“Now click the safety,” as I did this the blood was pumping and I was super excited. I was about to shoot a gun for the first time.  

“Whenever you’re ready” he spoke still standing behind me.  

I aimed at the target and shot.  

One…two…three…four  

It was exhilarating, better than anything I had ever done before. The feeling of the backfire and ricochet off of the target. It was like I could handle anything that was thrown at my way. I would defiantly have to have him teach me how to do more.  

“Baby girl that was great.” He pulled the paper out and I must say that I was super excited to see how I had done. Two of them were over lapping; one was toward the head, and the other in the middle of his.   “Is this good,” I asked beaming with excitement.  

“Yes baby, that was amazing. I should have brought you to a range weeks ago. You are a natural.” He hugged me tight to his body as we walked back to the car.  

I got to keep the paper and I decided I was going to hang it on the wall in the room. Reece is going to be so jealous that he couldn’t go and do that with us. I was definitely going to have to bring him.