ChapterEighteen

Author’s Note:  

Here’s a recap just in case you forgot cuz it has been so long  

“Riannon, Beau, you have to help us. They took Jessica and Reece” the voice on the other end of the line was Mr. Myers’s  

“Just when we thought things were going great” I told him and put on my shoes ready for what was coming next.  

“Where are you? We will be there in a few” he told us where they were, which was only a few hours away. we got into the car and were silent the whole way there.  

*****  

Chapter Eighteen

Reece’s POV  

Great, just great, all Jesse and I were doing was looking over the side of the ship to get a better view of the whales. I told her to stay away from the edge but did she, noooo.  

She just had to fall into the water. Instinctively I jumped in after her. The water was like ice even though it was summer outside. We were saved by a fishing boat that scooped us up.  

They must have been spying on us the whole time because as soon as I saw similar faces, the same from the house in Texas, I knew we were in trouble.  

Only this time I had my Jesse to protect.  

I slumped down against that rock hard wall I was chained to. Jesse’s limp body had been lying in the corner the whole time. They must have done something to her to drug her out or something.  

The only way I knew she wasn’t dead was she would take deep breaths every so often.  

To watch her lay there like a helpless ragdoll pained my heart. She was the only thing in my life I have ever really loved.  

After all, my parents lied to me for fifteen years, my real father was some scamming dirtball, and my brother and sister had lived the ‘high life’ while I was ‘slumming it’.  

Thinking about this just made me angrier.  

Why couldn’t we just skip the country and go away?  

Why couldn’t we just kill the bozos that are after us?  

I know that Beau has guns and the experience to take on these buffoons. Ri had already been learning how to shoot but they refused to let me go with them.  

It would be a hell of a lot easier to get out of these chains with a gun stashed away somewhere on me.   The angrier I got the harder I tried to get out.  

The chains on my wrists were too tight to move and my shoulders were already starting to hurt. The more I fought to tighter they got.  

Who would be so stupid to take a bunch of teenagers?  

Even though I knew the answer, it sickened me to think of what they would do to my Jesse and me. These men are sick. I was not going to stand for it!  

The door of the holding room opened and I could hear people walking down into the cellar.  

“Well, well, look what we have here,” said the same man from Texas .  

“You always were my favorite hostage. You gave in nicely to my needs.” He started to unbuckle his pants and I squirmed to get away.  

It was no use; I was tighter against the wall. This time I would have to watch what he did to me.