Sour Blood

The Seigneur de l'Azur building, final stronghold of the Broussard blood thieves, lies in ruins to the south of the city. After Emanuel was killed, the building was at last destroyed in an explosion which burned a large part of the tower, wrecking most of the structure and burying any secrets that the place might have held. At least that's what everyone assumed.

But months after the assault, a human hacker has intercepted an encrypted transmission between two members of what appeared to be a hunter group. The message detailed knowledge of secret tests being run in the Seigneur de l'Azur building [with, or without the knowledge of the Broussard boss, that would be up to the player of Emanuel], and spoke in some depth about a scroll which the blood thieves had recovered, detailing the steps of a complicated ritual. This ritual, which the hunters called "sour blood", is said to permanently give the human a blood which is toxic to vampires. Although this ritual will not harm a vampire, it will certainly protect any human from being drained of blood.

Unfortunately, the message also indicated that some of the hunters were planning to go into the ruins of Seigneur de l'Azur and attempt to recover the lost data, or the original scroll. Time might be short if you intend to claim the lost data for yourselves!

Emanuel was indeed doing experiments on the blood, he was trying to find other ways to make himself more powerful.

He was also shipping it off to other places. Cities where he was building gangs and trying to build more of an empire. Also to warehouses and safe locations to keep in storage. Just in case.

He would have feasibly been in touch with the contacts in France who'd sent his father to HR in the first place - repayment for all they'd done before.