Chapter 17 - Comfort

It was soon i felt my eyes flutter open and a voice talking to me.

"Josie. Josie wake up, hun," i heard my mom say.

My eyes then fluttered open and i saw her black eyes and pale face over me.

"M-Mom?" i asked, trying to sit up, but getting a harsh pain on my shoulder. Looking down i realized i had bandages over the whole side of my left shoulder and wore a black tank top now.

"Easy, Josie," my mom said.

It was then i remembered all that happened, and just burst into tears, hugging my knees close to my chest, just crying.

"Josie, i'm so sorry. If we knew she was going to do that, i swear, we would have stopped her," she said.

'Y-You're killers. Why would you have stopped her??" i cried out.

"Because just like you... we also care," her voice said, breaking a bit. I looked up, seeing she was crying.

"Mom?" i asked.

"Josie, there was something we wanted to tel you,  but we didn't know how," she said.

'Wha-What is it?" i asked.

"Miss Emily, she...." she gulped as more tears fell down her cheeks. "...she was my mother."

After saying that, more tears fell from her eyes.

"What??" i asked, shocked.

"That's why we left her with you. She gave you a good home and everything.  But now its my fault she's gone, i should have stopped her," she cried.

"Its not your fault, mom," i said. 

She's just quiet before something hit me.

"Where's dad?" i asked.

Before she can say anything, Derick ran in, followed by a clap of thunder. He was soaking wet and held something in his hand.

"Anything?" my mom asked.

"No. T-This is all i can find," he said, holding out a whith wadded cloth up to my mom.

She grabbed it and unfolded it, gasping in horror as i saw blood splashed across the entire front.

The i realized what it was. 

"T-That's.." i said, trying to force words out.

"Jeff's hoodie, but no Jeff," Derick said.

Mom fell to the ground crying quietly, but i had gotten up to my feet.

"No.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" i screamed, echoing in the entire room, even shattering some windows.

I feel to my knees and Derick came towards me, trying to comfort me.

"He took my grandmother, and now my father," i said.

"Who?" he asked.

"Miss Emily, she... She was my grandmother. AND THAT BASTARD TOOK HER AND MY FATHER AWAY!!!" i shouted, getting up, but then my shoulder started hurting a lot making me fall. Derick had caught me and just held me in his arms, more tears falling.

I looked over, my mom had stopped crying, but was quiet. She was grieving, i can tell, so its best to let her alone for a while.

"I'm so sorry this happened, Josie," Derick said into my hair as he comforted me.

"None of this is your fault," i said.

"Well we don't know if he's dead, Josie. There were no traces of him or Liu," he said.

I just remained quiet as i cried. Wherever Liu was, if he did kill my father, i'll kill Liu again.

I will have my revenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture on the side kind of represents Josie and Derick in this chapter.

FEEDBACK!! ^.^=