Chapter 7 - Laying Low

He's kidding, right??

"But... on the newspapers it said you killed him," i said.

"That's what i thought. Until i saw he had only awoken from a year long coma, and remembers it all. He's now coming after me, but may know about you," Jeff said.

I gulped. "If he knows about me, then what will happen to me??" i asked.

"Probably lead you to us," Jeff said, then Jane pointing a knife a few inches at me.

"Which i hope you don't do, right sweetie??" she asked.

I gulped. "I-I won't, but what will happen now that i know the truth of it all??" i asked.

"Stay secret, sweetheart. Laying low so that you won't be suspected much," Jeff said.

"But you're my dad, i look like you," i said.

"Do you see yourself in jail??" Jane asked.

"No," i said.

"That's all there is to it," Jane said.

"Now, i suppose this calls for a happy birthday, right?? You do only turn 16 once," Jeff smiled big as Jane got up, walking to the fridge.

"Now hold on a second. You kidnapped me, bring me to some abandoned warehouse, tell me i am daughter of two murderers, that your undead brother could be after me, and then throw a birthday party??" i said, in disbelief at the change of subject.

"Thought it would be alright to just bond, Josie," Jeff shrugged.

"But what if i run into your brother, what will i do??" i asked.

"I will only tell you this: Watch out for bright green eyes," Jeff said.

I gulped. Green eyes?? A lot of people have green eyes. But... these are my parents. They're smart.

But they are still killers.

"I don't want to kill," i said. 

"Well, there's no choice, Josie. Sooner or later you will succumb to killing. The blood lust will be so great all you can do is just drive a knife deep into an artery, and watch the life fade from your victim's eyes," he said.

I can feel nothing but mortal fear as he said that when suddenly a cake is placed in front of me.

It was chocolate, with red frosting on top, and white frosting saying Happy Birthday Josie the Killer.

"I'm no killer. Only thing i let die was my pet goldfish when i was 8," i protested, getting up.

Jeff and Jane chuckle and then i hear a clock tick, saying the time.

I look up, seeing a wall clock. It was 5 am.

"How long was i out?! I have to go, I'm sorry," i said.

"Nevermind that. Just remember what I told you, Josie," Jeff said, and approached me. We were then face-to-face, his smile forever carved to his face.

"Don't let your guard down. Be aware of your surroundings," he said, whispering into my ear.

I lose my breath for a bit and next thing i know I'm breaking into a run.

I pass the billboard when something had caught my eye.

It was a picture of two boys.

They both had shaggy light brown hair. One had blue eyes and was pretty short. The other was pretty tall and- had vibrant green eyes.

This must have been Liu and Jeff, before one of them turned crazy.

I snatch the picture, along with a newspaper article cutout, and stuff it in my pocket before running off and out the warehouse.

The sun wasn't even out yet, so i had to make the run for it. 

Only thing, I don't even know where the heck i am.

I look around until i see the 8th street market place.

The orphanage was almost 10 blocks from here.

I broke into a run, the town dead quiet as i continued to run.

So much was going through my head.

What's good is i know my parents and I met them. What's bad is they are killers and i may become one as well.

What's worse is that my undead uncle is out for revenge.

I heard family reunions can get crazy, but why involve murder and revenge?!

Why me?! Of all people, why must i have the Killer's blood?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update. Been working on a couple more stories, some coming soon.

The picture on the side is basically representing the young Jeff and Liu. I know its a drawing (i did not draw the drawing), but its all i got. You'll be seeing A LOT of drawings and CreepyPasta videos here.

I'm glad I'm seeing a lot of you enjoying the story Thanks so much for the votes and comments!! :3