Chapter 18 - Like Father, Like Daughter.

I had calmed down a bit, but anger had flodded over me.

My mom and i sat around in the small kitchen. Me trying to drink or eat something, but i couldnt. Derick was drying off.

I was too angered. Liu had my father, either dead or alive, and it was probably a trap.

I looked around me.

Jane- the mother i never knew i had. Sometimes she would seem cruel, but still had a motherly heart, and who recently lost her mother.

Derick- My most loyal friend, probably even more than my friend. He's never left my side and always gives me a reason to move on and be tough.

Jeff- Dead or alive. I'm his flesh and blood. I am probably even him.

And i will be.

I grabed the knife that was on the table, which was mine, and got up.

As soon as i got to the door, i bumped into Derick.

"Josie, whe-"

Before he can ask anything, i pressed my lips against his.

He hesitated at first from surprise, but then he kissed me back passionatly.

I pull back, looking at him.

"Thanks for always being there," i said.

He smiled a bit and i continued towards the bathroom, looking around, i saw Mom did was my vest, which i just realized was hooded. She also washed my hoodie.

Wondering where she washed them, i noticed a laundry room not far from the kitchen area. I'm guessing before this warehouse cleared out, that was to wash uniforms or something.

I entered the bathroom and took a look at myself in the mirror.

I nearly jumped when i saw my eyes. They were now more white than black, like my dad. As a kid, they were dark, but they got dark until they were pitch black.

I smiled big, seeing i looked so much like my father, but... something was missing.

Oh, that's right.

A really big smile.