CHAPTER 62: Hurt

I Didn't Know I Loved Him (Until He Showed Me) 

CHAPTER 62: Hurt

[Hayley's POV] 

I opened my eyes and even though I wasn't used to the lights that blinded me, I kept my eyes opened and looked around for a certain pair of green eyes. Our eyes locked and instantly, relief set into Ethan's eyes. 

"Hayley, babe," he said, and cupped my cheek. 

"Ethan," I whispered, my throat feeling like sandpaper. 

"Water, someone get water," Eth ordered whoever was in the room. 

I quickly glanced around the room and I saw that Taylor, Paul and Justin were also in the room. Tay quickly started getting me a glass of water while Paul and Justin came to my side. 

"I'll get the doctor," Justin said and ran out the door. 

"Ethan," I barely whispered. I reached up for his face and he grabbed my hand, pulling it up to cup his cheek. 

"Are you okay? How do you feel?" he asked. I didn't care about myself. There was only one person I was worried about. Tay came back with the water and him and Eth both helped me take small sips of it. 

"Our baby, how is our baby?" I croaked as I carefully laid back down. My other hand went to my stomach even though it hurt when I touched it. I could still feel a small bump so that was probably a good sign. 

"Our baby girl is fine," he told me and bent down to kiss my forehead. "She's perfectly fine." 

I couldn't help the sigh of relief that left my mouth and I closed my eyes. I felt like the biggest weight had been lifted off my shoulders as soon as I found out that our baby was alright. 

"Hayley, how do you feel?" Paul asked, brushing hair out of my face. 

"I'm okay," I breathed and opened my eyes. 

My stomach still hurt a bit and hurt even more when I touched it. My whole body felt sore and I felt drained. Other than feeling sore and tired, I was so hungry.

The doctors finally came and they started checking me and doing tests on me. They had to make everyone leave the room but as soon as everything was okay, they let everyone back in and now Elli had joined them. 

Eth was first to my side and then, Elli and Paul and Justin. Eth sat on a chair by my bed and he gripped my hand as if I would disappear. Elli stood next to him and Paul and Justin stood on the other side of my bed. 

"How do you feel?" Elli asked. 

"Hungry," was all I said. The guys all chuckled. 

"We'll get you some food right away," Eth told me, bringing my knuckles to his lips. 

"Okay." Finally gaining the courage to ask the question I'd been scared to ask, I said, "What happened?" 

Everyone in the room avoided looking at me, except for Eth who just looked down at my stomach. I squeezed his hand and he looked at me but I knew he wasn't going to say anything. I sighed and looked at the other guys. 

"Can someone please tell me?" I begged. Elli bit his lip and I looked up at him. 

"Fine," he grumbled. "When your mom…shot you, I guess she was too drunk because she missed the baby. She just barely grazed the uterus. The baby's fine though so don't worry. It hurt you more than it hurt the baby." I nodded as Elli explained.