CHAPTER 56: Confessions

I Didn't Know I Loved Him (Until He Showed Me) 

CHAPTER 56 : Confessions

At around 5:30, Taylor left and Eth and I started getting ready for our dinner with his family. I dressed in a light flowery top and a pair of blue jeans. After that, Eth and I drove to Eth's parents  house. The drive was almost 30 minutes long and when we got there, we went inside straight away. My nerves were on edge the whole time. Not only was I scared about telling Eth's family that I was pregnant, I was scared of being so near to my mom. 

"Hey, Ethan! Hi, Hayley!" Eth's parents greeted us. 

"Hey, lovebirds!" Elliot said.

We all sat down at the dinner table and started eating. I was beyond nervous now and I was starting to feel really sick but I didn't want to tell anyone. Eth talked excitedly to his brother and parents about his new team and all the guys while I just pushed my food around the table with my fork. I felt like I was going to throw up if I ate anything. 

"Hayley?" Anna said, looking at me worriedly. "Are you alright?" 

"I'm fine," I replied, forcing a smile back at her. 

"Are you sure? You haven't eaten anything. Ethan told me that you were sick a few days ago. Are you not feeling well?" Everyone looked at me and it made me feel even more sick. 

"Kind of, but I'm alright. I just don't really have an appetite right now." It was partially the truth. 

"Are you okay, babe?" Eth asked, taking my hand. I nodded in reply. 

"Do you want some tea or anything?" 

"Sure." 

I didn't want them to worry about me too much. Eth squeezed my hand and I smiled up at him. Anna came back with a mug of tea and she gave it to me. I took small sips of it while Eth, Elli and their parents talked about a whole bunch of different things. It was all really fun but I just couldn't help but feel nervous. 

"Time for dessert," Keith announced and started standing up. 

"I'll get it," I said, standing up quicker than him. 

"Don't be silly, Hayley. We're the hosts." 

"No, I'm happy to help." 

"Okay, well, there's a pie in the oven. It's been sitting there for a while but I'm not sure if it's cool yet. You might want to use mitts," Keith told me. 

"Of course," I replied and started walking to the kitchen. 

"I'll help her," I heard Eth say from behind me and soon enough, he was walking beside me. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, as soon as we were in the kitchen. 

"I'm scared." Eth wrapped his arms around me and I hid my face in his chest. 

"There's nothing to be scared of, Hayley. Everything will be fine." 

I pulled away from him and I hadn't realized that I was crying. Eth took my face into his hands and rubbed the tears away. I was probably just being hormonal from the pregnancy but I didn't care. Eth hugged me for a few seconds before pulling away. 

"We'll be fine," he told me one last time before getting the pie out of the oven. I watched him as he moved around the kitchen. Feeling helpless, I started getting small plates and a bunch of clean forks. 

Eth and I brought everything back to the dining room and we all started eating the pie. It was the only thing that I could actually keep down and it was delicious too. I was starting to feel better now as we all talked about random things.