Epilogue

Pinkamena's POV

"Oh crap!" I ran as a last minute decision, of course, why would I let them capture me? That would be letting them win.

"Pinkamena, I'm here don't worry, I got your back." I heard Silver talk through my headset.

The huge metal doors closed behind me, trapping my pursuers. I sighed in relief, yet it wasn't over yet.

"Agh damn it! The building's on lockdown! Run! Run for that room!" He shouted, I started running like heck as the doors slowly close.

"They're shutting the main vault doors! Faster! You're gonna make it!"

I was already growing tired, I was already at my limit.
"AHHHHHH!!!!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic's POV

Okay, cut off the comms and get in control of the building through the regulation space. Now that's geek word for 'control room'.

"Hey hey hey. What's up? Headed to the regulation room?" I heard Silver talk through my gauntlet. I pressed the green button and spoke through the small mic.

"Not much, but it's a long way in the vents. Gotta be careful not to get lost, but I am bored to death. Respond? Over."

"Wanna chat a bit?"

"Sure, why not?" I answered.

"Okay, so there's this crazy theory about a guy who's actually monitoring our movements, our every step and every word. Heck, he even knows much more secrets of ours before we even know it."

"Seems freaky."

Silver laughed and snorted, "Yeah, I know right. This other dude wrote about it in the rebellion world chat."

"It seems that guy's outta his mind, how could he know that kind of thing, making up such a subject in a grim hour."

"Maybe, maybe not. But I think, 'she'? goes by her account name. And she seemed acquainted with the guy."

"Oh, hold up, something's coming. I'll talk back later."

There were two scientists chatting down the vent shaft.

"Darkness wants the prisoner." The first one said, they we're moving a body bag. The second one unzipped the bag and found a familiar face.

"B-blood!?" I almost shouted.

"The doc's prepping the prisoner for autopsy. Shouldn't take long for that stallion to die after we inject him with the poison."

"Aren't they going to kill him fast so that he doesn't feel any pain? Instead of giving him a slow death?"

"It's a punishment. Pain, suffering, and death is what he deserves."

I was already breathing heavily, I couldn't possibly let them take Blood's life.

But, I got a job to do. I can't risk it for hero stuff...

"I'm sorry." I said as I kept moving forward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Back to Pinkamena's time.)

"Oh crabapples." I whispered, I quickly activated my suit to stealth mode. I activated live camera sequence with Silver.
(And yes, she made it through!!)

It was Blood. All strapped up as they ran tests on him. I saw the monitors showing his vision inside his nightmare, he was already struggling to survive.

"This test subject's doing better than the last guy." The first scientist chuckled.

"As expected from the element scums."