Chapter 25.

"Oh my God!" – Haya, Gravity.

Chapter 25.

☻Safa Muhammad ☻

When Mama went to put food outside Haneen's room, she couldn't find the previous one. So she knocked on her door. After 5 knocks when Haneen didn't open, Mama opened the door and found it unlocked. She went inside and saw her closet and her dressing table empty. There was nothing left in her room except her bed and other furniture. She had also left some of her clothes but that's it. No Haneen.

"Where was everybody when she was in her room?" I shouted as everybody sat in the living room. Zayan and Hammad were continuously calling the police department to report and to ask.

"We were in our rooms. I didn't even hear any sound," Arqam told me. I shook my head in disappointment.

"Of course she wouldn't leave while beating drums. You guys should have been extra careful," I sat down with my head in hand.

"I am sure she's fine," said Omar and I completely ignored him. This was all because of him. Right? Yeah it was.

It actually was. If I hadn't ever gotten engaged to Omar, Abdul wouldn't have been so angry and jealous. And he wouldn't have blackmailed Haneen into trying to kill me. And Haneen wouldn't have run off. It was all Omar! Ugh!

"What do we do now? How do we find her?" Ali was saying to Hafsa. I looked at them.

"Ya Allah! Please keep her safe wherever she is," I made a silent dua in my heart.

Zayan and Hammad got off their phones. Their faces were pale in concern and worriness.

"What did the police say?" mama asked them.

I could see Hammad and Zayan gulp. They looked at each other.

"We told them Haneen's appearance and they said that...." Hammad stopped midway.

"What did they say?" baba stepped in.

"They said that um... they have just received a err... dead body that might have the appearance we told them," Zayan finished. The whole family flipped in panic and I could hear mama and baba sobbing.

"Oh my God!" Haya and Hafsa's voice arose.

I tried to keep myself calm and went up to mama and baba to console them.

"Mama, baba please. Pray that it isn't Haneen. They could be mistaking the girl for Haneen. It won't be Haneen inshaAllah. Mama please," tears rolled down my own cheeks as I rested my head on mama's shoulder. The whole family was now sobbing.

There was a fifty fifty chance to this. Either it was Haneen (Astaghfirullah) or it wasn't. (InshaAllah)

"So what do we do now?" I asked Hammad. He wasn't in the position to talk. This was the first time I had seen him with tears in his eyes. I had never seen him cry.

With his eyes red, Zayan built up the courage to speak to me.

"They say we can come and identify the body to see if it really is you know..." he said. I closed my eyes in sadness and opened them again.

"Then why aren't we going?" I asked them.

"Yeah... let's go," Zayan said. I wiped my tears and assured everyone that we won't be back with Haneen's dead body. I wasn't brave enough to face my sister's dead body. I couldn't do that. I had never imagined in my life that I would look at my sister's still and dead face.