Chapter 20

"What?" – Omar Zohair, Gravity.

Chapter 20.

☮ Omar Zohair ☮

"Safa!" I held her almost lifeless body in my hands as I struggled to dial 911 on my phone.

Just then I heard someone running up to me. I looked and saw Haneen nearly out of her breath.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" she screamed as loud as she could. I didn't say anything. Weren't two bodies of people with blood dripping down their heads enough?

"Oh my god! What happened to Safa?!" she said as she held Safa's face in her hands.

"He.. well.. did that," I told her, pointing towards Abdul, who was lying on the ground.

"He did that?!" she said. "But he didn't say he would hurt Safa."

I narrowed my eyes. "Said? To who?" I asked.

She looked at me. "No one. I was just... saying," she replied.

"Is she going to be ok?" she had started to cry now.

"She'll be fine," I said as I struggled to hold Safa. Her head was resting on my chest and her body was slipping every now and then.

5 minutes later, I heard ambulance siren in distance. I sighed with relief as the read and blue lights came into view. The ambulance stopped in front of us and 4 men hopped off. They immediately brought a stretcher out and helped me lay Safa down on it. Then they picked Abdul up and put him down on a stretcher as well. They put him in another van.

The Paramedics then asked me who I was.

"You mean...?" I asked, unsure of what they meant.

"What is your relation to them both?" they asked.

"Oh um... I have no relation with the man. He was the one who tried to hurt us. The woman... uhh... Safa is my um... err... fiancé," I finished.

"And you're hurt too?" Jonathan, one of the paramedics asked.

"Yes. My arm had a heavy bleeding," I told them.

He nodded and told me to go sit with Safa so he could temporarily relief my arm from pain.

They had given Safa some medicine so she was awake now, but couldn't talk since she had the oxygen mask on.

"Are you feeling better now?" I asked her, gently stroking her arm.

She nodded.

"Is she ok?" Haneen asked, peeking inside the ambulance.

"She's fine. Go sit in the car so you can follow the ambulance," I told her. She stayed quiet for a moment.

"I think I should go home and inform everyone rather than following you. I'll bring them to the hospital. What hospital are they taking you to?" she said.

"I have no idea. Maybe you can ask them," I said. She nodded and went to talk to one of the Paramedics. She came back in a few minutes with a Paramedic.

"Sir, you had a question? I have one too. But you first," he said. I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"What hospital are you taking us to?" I asked.

"Florida State Hospital. Now my question," he said.

"May I see both of your IDs?" he said. I nodded and took mine out and gave it to him.

"You don't live here, do you?" he had a playful smile on his lips. I gave him an uncomfortable smile.

"And her's?" he said, pointing towards Safa.