XXI: Do Not Go Gentle

QOTC: [About the girl] Then I corresponded with an answer that we people stopped checking for monsters under our bedsteads, when we realized that they were living amongst us. In another words, hiding.

- Obito to Sakura 

*****************************************************

Chapter 21: Do not go gentle

It's been two days since Sakura had last seen TenTen.

I know that you're working as a spy, and I'm not here to shove all that guilt to you. I just want to remind you that you sure know that if this is what's best for the village, you're doing this not only because for yourself. The world's getting whipped out and a few years from now we'll be at war. I'm warning you, Sakura. You take one step close—one step of betraying the Leaf, when I get back—you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore. 

She was left hanging that very day. 

Wind had fluffed her hair as she zipped her bag oppresively, loading it with a pile if blood. Bloodbags. So far, word hasn't gone out fast about her migration. Rumors say she just disappeared without saying goodbye; not even the jonins were aware of this. They just knew. Gai went looking for her but he was too late. The lantern fetival wasn't put on hold; since it was supposedly for TenTen's birthday, the Daimyō would like to keep the lamps on during nighttime. It was to enlighten not only the village but to wherever the Kunoichi might be heading as well. 

And Sakura misses her. So much. The Leaf hasn't changed much but there were slight changes they needed to adjust. Ino was too lame to snap pictures for the Leaf's newspaper and Konoha became a field of silence.

She peeked in both sides of the hall before snapping the locks shut. She was such a great liar.

"And where do you think you are going?"

Sakura turned and she spotted the Blonde crossing her arms much to her clumsiness.

"I-Ino," She sighed in relief. "God, you look like Lady Tsunade." 

"What the heck are you doing?!" Ino asked as she grasped for Sakura's bag and zipped it open. "Blood? Not again!" 

She clutched it back. "I told you, this is the last time."

"How much more do you needed to steal just for you to get in trouble?" She placed an arm into her hip, propitiously. "I never should've helped you in the first place." 

"Oh come on, you know how much I disagree with this." She stammered. "I mean—it's just—" 

Yesterday she was taught by Kabuto how to convert your Chakra into a purplish-like aura that has the capacity to turn anything into darkness. She didn't like it first but much to Kabuto's threat she finally gave up. The first trial of the experiment was also held and she watched as the prisoners scream in fury and pain. Almost less than fifteen percent of them didn't make it and she had to cover her nose at the stench of the corpses and dead bodies.

Afterwards she aided Kabuto at healing the survivors with Dark Chakra. She had a hard time mantaining its power but she felt—betrayal? Pleasure? None of them wouldn't describe the feeling she had. And Sasuke just stared at her with extreme uneasiness. The worst part was she had to feed them like dogs as she threw a dozen of bloodbags into the dungeons. The prisoners were like rats who instantly ripped it open. On the contrary, they were less like the children who begged for scraps and heaps.