Chapter 9

MIKE'S POV:

I can't believe this! Uncle Joe and Aunt Jasmine were supposed to take care of them! They lied to us about everything, they ignored us for years while abusing our younger siblings! How dare they! I hope they just stay in prison the rest of their life! We all got back from the hospital a hour ago. Lauren and Dani are hurt a lot and I couldn't take it anymore. I yelled and punshed the wall. The was literally a hole in the wall. Christina, Lisa and Kathrine ran to me. 

Mike you have to calm down- Lisa said. I sighed and sat down on a chair in the kitchen. 

How will I be able to calm down knowing our two youngest sisters are broken in the hospital- I said and they looked down. 

I know it's hard Mike but we need to stay strong for them- Christina said and I nodded. Christian came running towards us

Chris is Lauren and Dani going to be ok?- He asked and Christina knelt down in front of him.

Ofcourse they are, They're strong and will be ok- Christina said. 

Christian can you tell us what happened to you all?- I asked and he nodded. I put him on my lap and he took a deep breath. 

We had to stay in the basement of the house, there was one bed and a sleeping bag. Lauren told Nick, Joey and me to sleep on the bed and Dani to sleep in the sleeping bag. Lauren would sleep in the corned of the basement with 2 blankets. In the morning Lauren had to make breakfast for Joe and Jasmine and would bring water and a little food to us. After we had breakfast we had to clean the house. When we misbehaved we would get beat. When Dani, Nick, Joey and I were in trouble Lauren would keep us safe but she got hurt because of it. When it was winter we didn't have sweaters and it was really cold in the basement. Lauren had to go clean the frontyard in the snow in a shirt, she was really sick once because of it. We were allowed to shower twice a month, then we could clean our clothes and sometimes change the sheets and blankets of the bed. It was really bad, Lauren helped us through everything but it hurt knowing she was also in pain but she tried to hide it for us. At night when she thought we were sleeping she was break down crying, it was horrible hearing her cry- Christian told us. We looked down tearing up, Christina start to cry and I hugged him tight. 

Lauren basically took Mom's place by raising us but she was just 15/16- He cried. We all start to cry, I can't believe this all happened to them!

SKIPPING 1 MONTH

LISA'S POV:

Dani and Lauren are doing a lot better! It's been a month since they are in the hospital and Dani is even allowed to eat herself and sit up. She does get bored sometimes but yeah. Lauren doesn't need her breathing mask anymore but she isn't allowed to eat or talk to much. She can't sit up or move which is kind of scary but the doctors told us she'll be able to move in a week or 2. Christina and I are in the hospital right now in their room. 

Christina?- Dani said

Yes?- Christina asked walking next to her

Uhm............can I have an ice cream?- she asked. Dani used to always get ice creams from the hospital. 

Ofcourse Dan- Christina said. She walked out and I walked to Lauren's side who looked like she just woke up. 

Are you ok?- I asked and she nodded. 

Does somewhere hurt?- I asked

s.....st...o- She tried

Stomach?- I asked and she nodded. The doctors don't really know why Lauren can't talk but they're going to take a scan of her head because they think she has a brain damage. I grabbed her hand and kissed her forhead. 

It's going to be ok lolo, I promise- I said and she smiled. Christina walked in with Dani's ice cream. Dani's face light up and start to eat the ice cream.

I w.......wa..wan- Lauren tried again but she couldn't finish again which made her mad

Calm down Lo, the doctor told you not to rush everything- Christina said. Lauren looked at Dani and we understood. Lauren wants to eat!

Sorry Lo but you can't eat anything right now- I said and she pounted. the doctor walked in and walked to Lauren's bed.

We're going to take the scan right now- He said and we nodded. The nurses rolled Lauren's bed out and after 1 hour they rolled her back. The doctor walked in with the results. 

And?- Christina asked

Lauren has some brain damage but don't worry, it'll heal soon- He explained and we nodded. 

We also took a scan of her legs and noticed the bones in her legs did heal but she will need leg braces for walking- He said

For how long?- Christina asked

I think for a couple year since they did got damaged really bad- He said and we sighed sadly

But don't worry, she'll have to go to fysiotherapy and she might heal faster- The doctor said and we nodded. 

Tommorow Dani is going to fysiotherapy by the way, they're going to move her legs a little and things like that- he said and we nodded again. After that he left and Dani smiled but Lauren looked really sad. 

Don't be sad Lo, you heard him, you'll heal but it just takes a while- Christina said and Lauren rolled her eyes. 

This is going to be hard for them. But it'll be harder when they're going to talk about what happened to them.