Chapter 3

NICK'S POV:
I woke up and noticed Lauren didn't come back downstairs last night which worried me. I woke to others up and we walked upstairs. We first walked to the kitchen but Lauren wasn't there, then we walked to the living room and gasped when we saw our older sister passed out on the ground with her whole body covered with her own blood. We ran to her and broke down crying and begged her to wake up. Dani and Christian ran to the kitchen and got water and towels and we start o clean Lauren's body but we discovered cuts, bruises and welts all over her body. We took her sweater off and saw her stomach was also covered with cuts.

Lolo wake up, please lolo- Joey cried and all at once Lauren woke up. She groaned in pain and start to cry

Shhhhh, it's going to be ok lolo I promise- Joey said strocking Lauren's hair. Dani and Christian kind of cleaned her body and we helped her sit up. We didn't know what do to! She was in a lot of pain! We brought her to the basement and Dani washed Lauren's shirt and we helped Lauren put it on. Christian helped Lauren drank some water and we covered her with three blankets.

I.....I n....need to m....ma.....ke bre...akfast- Lauren said

No you need to rest, Christian and I will go make breakfast. Nick you start cleaning the bedrooms and after Christian and I made breakfast we'll help you. Joey you stay with Lauren, make sure she rest and if somethin happens go to one of us- Dani said and we all nodded.

JOEY'S POV:
I was cuddeld close to Lauren who was sleeping now. The others were cleaning the house while our uncle and aunt were working. All at once Lauren start shaking really bad and she let out whimpers. I knew she had a nightmare so I woke her up

Hey lolobear, wake up- I said and she woke up breathing heavily. I hugged her tight and she wrapped her arms around me and slowly calmed down.

Joey- Lauren whispered

Yes?- I asked worried

I'm losing hope- She said and I turned sad

I'm sorry- Lauren said. The others walked downstaids to us holding water and food.

What's wrong?- Dani asked worried

I'm sorry guys- Lauren said

For what?- Nick asked

That we live like this, we used to be so happy with our parents and older siblings and now we live like this, scared, in pain and cold- Lauren said

Hey it's not your fault! You can't do anything about this!- Christian said

In 3 years you're 18 and will be able to get out of this house- I said

No- Lauren said and we turned confused

Even if I'm 18 I would never leave you guys here. If we go through this we go through this together, I promise you all this- Lauren said and we smiled and hugged her tight.

Let's eat!- I said and we laughed and start to eat.

SKIPPING TILL LAUREN'S BIRTHDAY

DANI'S POV:
Today is Lauren's 16th birthday!!! We used to celebrate her birthday with the whole family and it was always a special day since it's also Christina's birthday but since we got took away we don't really celebrate it.

I was the first one who was awake and saw Lauren on the bed cuddeld up with Nick and Christian and Joey was sharing the sleeping bags with me. Our uncle and aunt don't hurt us that much anymore but we still have to be like their slave. The last few months we have been feeling really weak and we don't really know why. First we thought it was because we don't really get enough food but we are not really sure. We also sleep a lot more and we're kind of worried. Yesterday Joey asked js if we were drying which only scared of a lot more. Lauren tried to calm us down and just tell us it would go away soon but we know she is worried too.

Dani- Nick said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Yes?- I asked

I don't really have hope we'll get here out alive- Nick said and I sighed

I understand Nick but we can't think like this, I mean we might get out here and live our old life again- I said. I don't believe myself to be honest. I mean it's been 2 years now and I really feel we won't get out here alive.

Are we going to survive?