Chapter 22

Okay, I was rereading this, and I remembered about Astyr, the amazing cat that attacked Malfoy on the train... So I put a little bit of her in this chapter!

        Also remember to Private Message me or comment about the what you want for your prize (and by this I mean what your prize was listed in the last chapter). Also, I must elaborate on the fact that I WILL NOT REDEDICATE A CHAPTER THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DEDICATED TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Enjoy!

****************************************************************************************************************               

                As much as I wanted to go talk to Dumbledore, I had to make sure Harry didn’t freak out thinking I was dead.

                I quickly headed up to the Gryffindor Common Room, making sure to avoid Filch, as it was after curfew. I did NOT need to get into anymore problems tonight.

                Luckily I got up there without any problem, only to realize that for the first time in my life I forgot the password.

                The Fat Lady raised an eyebrow at me. “You’re lucky I recognize you. You may enter.”

                I breathed a sigh of relief. “Thanks. By the way, what is the password?”

                “Bladderdash.”

                Wow that’s random. Who comes up with these passwords?

                I smiled at the Fat Lady. “Thank you so much!” I walked into the Common Room to see that almost everyone had gone to bed. Everyone except Harry, Ron, Hermione and Fred.

                The instant I walked into the room, Fred swept me up in a big hug and kissed me. “You okay Elle? You’re not hurt are you?”

                I shook my head. “I’m fine, promise.” I tried to give him a smile, but my nerves made it look like a twitch. I grimaced. “Just a little shook up, I swear.”

                He sighed. “I’ve got to get to bed, but tell me what happened in the morning, okay?”

                This time I managed a smile. “’Kay. G’night!”

                He kissed me on the cheek. “Night Elle.” He headed up to the guys dormitory.

                As soon as he was gone, there was a few moments of silence before Harry turned to me. “Didsnapetrytokillyouhowdidyougetawaydidyougetinanytrouble?”

                I clamped a hand over his mouth. “Slower this time, ‘kay?”

                He nodded, and I moved my hand away from his mouth. “Did Snape try to kill you?”

                “Nope, he knocked me off my broom, levitated me to the ground, and talked to me in his office.”

                “Did you get in any trouble?” Hermione said anxiously.

                “No I didn’t. He seemed to have his mind on other things.” I then face-palmed. “Bloody hell, my broom is still in the forest.” I groaned.

                At this Harry smiled. He then pulled my broom out from behind the couch. “When you told me to hide I went and hid behind Hagrid’s hut.  When I was you and Snape walk by without your broom, I went back and got it.”

                I gave him a kiss on the cheek and grabbed my broom. “Have I ever told you how much I love you little bro.”

                He grinned at me.

                I started to excuse myself so they wouldn’t ask what Snape and I had talked about, but with Hermione nothing is ever that easy.

                “So, Eli, what did Snape say to you?”

                “He asked me what Harry and I were doing in the Forbidden Forest.” Not a total lie. “I told him Harry’s broom had gone out of control and that we had finally managed to get your broom under control when he saw us.” A total lie.

                Hermione looked at me quizzically. “And he really believed that?”

                I shook my head. “No, but I stuck to my story and he couldn’t disprove anything.” They laughed, and Ron was laughing so hard he was clutching his stomach. “I’m headed to bed guys. Night!”

                I heard their chorus of ‘Good Nights,’ and finally slipped into my PJ’s after a long, dangerous day.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­                I awoke early in the morning to Astyr pouncing on my stomach with something in her mouth. I noticed it was Scabbers, Ron’s pet rat. Sadly, the rat was still moving. Uggghhh, I hated that thing.

                I grabbed Astyr and marched down to the Common Room. When I saw that Ron wasn’t in there, I screamed, “RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY COME GET YOUR BLOODY RAT!”

                Ron quickly stumbled down the stairs, still looking half asleep. I pried Scabbers out of Astyr’s mouth and thrust it at Ron. “Keep this disgusting thing out of the girl’s dormitory, or next time Astyr gets a treat. Understood?”

                His eyes widened. He looked at me shocked for a moment and then nodded. He then scurried up the steps. He pushed passed Fred, who was stumbling down the stairs. His hair had multiple cowlicks, and he looked exhausted.

                I walked over to him and gave him a hug. “Morning Gred, did you get any sleep last night?”

                He shook his head and rubbed my back while nestling his head in my shoulder. I was instantly concerned.

                “What’s wrong Freddie?” I said, looking him in the eye.

                He shook his head and sat on the couch, still not speaking. I walked over to him and sat on the couch next to him. I took his hand in mine, and he pulled it up and kissed it.

                “What’s wrong Fred?” I repeated.

                 He gave me a sad smile, but a haunted look. “It was just a really bad nightmare that kept me up, and then I couldn’t get back to sleep.”

                “What was the nightmare about?” I asked, trying to get him to open up. He wasn’t normally this closed off, especially me.

                Astyr seemed to sense Fred’s mood and leaped up onto his lap and started rubbing up against him. He sighed and started to pet her. He then looked up at me. “In the nightmare I saw you, Harry, and your parents sitting in your house around a fire. Then Voldemort came in, and instead of you living, you were the first to die. Your father tried Muggle fighting Voldemort, because he didn’t have his wand, but Voldemort killed him and your mom, and then Harry.” He paused, playing with my hair. “Thinking you were in trouble yesterday made me realize how close I came to never being able to get to know you.”

                He pulled me closer to him, and soon we were snuggled up against each other, both of us just listening to the other breathe. When Fred’s breathing slowed I looked up and realized he was asleep. I leaned in closer to him, resting my head on his chest as I fell asleep.

****************************************************************************************************************

         Okay, I hope this was good, please vote, comment, like, ect. I love all you guys who have kept reading this and stuck with me through the good chapters and the bad! I love you all to pieces!